Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
König Ampliform 19x8.5 +30
Continental Pure Contact LS 245/40-19
Stock suspension

Very conservative fitment but so far I can see already about a 10% or more range impact.

Attachments

• 470945F0-49E9-4137-B890-117458E61EAF.jpeg
    470945F0-49E9-4137-B890-117458E61EAF.jpeg
    988 KB · Views: 594
  • CB5824E2-984E-4FEB-8E68-51BDFCD617AF.jpeg
    CB5824E2-984E-4FEB-8E68-51BDFCD617AF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 582
Reactions: superflyrolla
@Sasmf Could you take a pic looking down the side of the car showing how inset/flush/poke that fitment is front & back?
Here ya go. Not the best pics. The front is quite good. The back of course could come out another 10mm, but that’s not what I was going for. Just wanted a simple setup with a wheel that looked better than the stock 18s.

Attachments

• 58D76CAE-F509-4769-840B-12C4A60B7E56.jpeg
    58D76CAE-F509-4769-840B-12C4A60B7E56.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 425
  • C0B950BD-1E0A-47BD-A705-901C99A8B03D.jpeg
    C0B950BD-1E0A-47BD-A705-901C99A8B03D.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: tm1v2
König Ampliform 19x8.5 +30
Continental Pure Contact LS 245/40-19
Stock suspension

Very conservative fitment but so far I can see already about a 10% or more range impact.

Here ya go. Not the best pics. The front is quite good. The back of course could come out another 10mm, but that’s not what I was going for. Just wanted a simple setup with a wheel that looked better than the stock 18s.
Are you comparing the König to the 18s with Aero cover or without it?

I think I’m looking towards using the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my new wheels.

How big of a deal road noise wise are Tesla specific T0 versions of the tire? Seems like they have acoustic foam and a different tread pattern. Only thing is it looks like they’re only available in 235/30R20 and 275/30R20 why he appears to effect my decision to go to 9 or 9.5” width

The stock wheels without the aero covers look really good, but moving to a 19 inch wheel and pushing it out just 10mm makes a big difference in looks...at least to me. Cheers!
Oh for sure!
I was asking more regarding the 10% range impact, is it 18s /w aero vs König that results in 10% range loss?
Would make sense though since you moved from 235 to 245, from aerodynamic cover to open wheel design and pushed the offset a little, all adds up I suppose

Oh for sure!
I was asking more regarding the 10% range impact, is it 18s /w aero vs König that results in 10% range loss?
Would make sense though since you moved from 235 to 245, from aerodynamic cover to open wheel design and pushed the offset a little, all adds up I suppose
Ah got it. Yes, that’s exactly right. Wider tire, different tire, more offset and no aero wheel all add up in a big way. On some brief highway runs I think the efficiency loss is easily 15%. It’s pretty serious. Looking good comes with a little pain!

• Funny
Reactions: Atraf and tm1v2
Ah got it. Yes, that’s exactly right. Wider tire, different tire, more offset and no aero wheel all add up in a big way. On some brief highway runs I think the efficiency loss is easily 15%. It’s pretty serious. Looking good comes with a little pain!
You could always try driving slower, pretty sure all of this compounds with speed.
On my setup driving from Irvine to Santa Monica in 50min takes 35% battery and in 1hr 20min takes 25% battery, both cases I have AC ON at speed 5, so despite running AC for +30min its still a lot less energy demanding to just slow down.

Also, that drive is 53 miles which means my car's true range is at best case 212 miles
I'm on stock Model 3 LR AWD 19" sport wheels with OEM 235 tires

I have done the Irvine to Santa Monica drive (and back) many times, its almost always 25%, sometimes its 23% some times its 26%, 35% was only achievable when all stars aligned and road was dead empty

Tires are at 43PSI, I suppose if I raised it I could improve my range but the road is already bumpy as is

There's probably a FastWheels EV01(+) in my future (esp now that they come in all black too)

Oh and there's definitely a tipping point; slow is good but if its stop-go its terrible, I had the misfortune of making that route during 4th of July weekend, took 2.5hrs for the same 53 miles, it was about 39% battery :|

I recently went with a 20x9 +35 Forgestar F14 in bronze on my MSM M3P. I contacted Danny at Model+ for some info and he was very helpful (even though I didn't buy the wheels from him). I went with the 5mm spacer with a 255/35/20 Continental DWS06. I was able to get the BT TPMS sensors from the local service center that actually had them on hand. I'll get some pics once I can clean the car up.

Reactions: Atraf and ckalinec
Greetings.

I have a Red Tesla Model 3 LR on order. (yes, i also placed order for Model S LR but not sure which year it would be delivered here).
The stock wheels are 19" Sports Wheel only with Hankook Evo S3 tyres.
Red Car doesnt look well on silver Sports Wheel and also I am not sure of longevity of Hankook Tyres and their road noise.

So I decided to backorder T-Sportline TSV 19" Satin Black Wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 4 All Season tyres.
Here in Tokyo we see all four seasons with tempartures dropping to 0-5 Celcius in Winter and 35-38 Celcius in Summer.
So decided to go for the all season wheels.

Anyone has any experience with the 19" TSV or Hankook tyres?
What could be the upside and downside of this change from 19" stock Sports wheel w/t Hankook Evo S3 tyres to 19" T-Sportline TSV with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 ?

One change i already have noticed after placing the order is that 19" TSV are about 4.4 Pounds heavier than the stock 19" Sports wheel.
I am hoping they are more aerodynamic and could help compensate the added weight.

Thanks for your help here.

I recently went with a 20x9 +35 Forgestar F14 in bronze on my MSM M3P. I contacted Danny at Model+ for some info and he was very helpful (even though I didn't buy the wheels from him). I went with the 5mm spacer with a 255/35/20 Continental DWS06. I was able to get the BT TPMS sensors from the local service center that actually had them on hand. I'll get some pics once I can clean the car up.
I'd love to see some pics of the 255 on the 9" wheel. I'm on the fence 245 or 255 for a 9" wheel

Still using the 5mm spacers, 3mm do not clear the front suspension. Does lowering the car reduce clearance between the big curved arm coming from the knuckle? I thought I had more clearance before I lowered the car. Will use ET lug nuts and see if I can get more thread that way with the 5mm spacers, 13mm of thread engagement is a little sketchy.

Installed MPP Comfort Coilovers in the mean time, the appearance is so much better now.

Apex EC-7R wheels, 18x9.5" ET35 with 5mm spacers.

Before:
IMG_1223 2.JPG

After:
IMG_1265.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DOOLMTR
You got PM!

View attachment 713174

We have several sets of SBC Enkei NT03+M coming in... and taking pre-orders now.
18x9.5 +27.

*NOTE* These are for NON-Performance Model 3s only. Will not clear M3P rear calipers, sorry!

Please message for pricing and details.

Danny
Hi Danny - I went to PM you can, but I haven't used my account enough yet too. Do you have any sets of 18's available?

Well. It’s official. Found a pair of Avant Garde M610s at a good price so I’ll be going that route.

M610 20x9 +30.

Probably going to wrap them in the Falken FK510. Would like to go Michelin PS4S but price is a little easier to swallow with these wheels

Reactions: Lashlee