Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the bottom right? Yes, it's a Y and it looks like the standard wheels. Compare it to the other white Tesla (the 3 between the two dark cars). The top of the trunk lid is much shorter on the Y (since it's a hatch, not a sedan) and the distance between the fog light and the headlight is taller on the Y than on the 3.
Dang. I actually like those wheels on the Y lol. I wish there was an 18" version.

Hey guys, I’ve looked through the entire 238 pages here without an answer. Does anyone know if this spec would work on a ‘22 M3 LR WITH less than -1.5ish camber, non rolled/pulled fenders, dropped low enough to have one or no finger gap between the fender and top of the tire (tucked?)

Seems aggressive based on my desktop research….but really wanting to squeeze out as much cancavity as possible.

18x9.5 +22 265/35
19x9.5 +25 265/?

Hey guys, I’ve looked through the entire 238 pages here without an answer. Does anyone know if this spec would work on a ‘22 M3 LR WITH less than -1.5ish camber, non rolled/pulled fenders, dropped low enough to have one or no finger gap between the fender and top of the tire (tucked?)

Seems aggressive based on my desktop research….but really wanting to squeeze out as much cancavity as possible.

18x9.5 +22 265/35
19x9.5 +25 265/?

No.

I currently run 18x9.5 +22 w/ 265/40s with front fender lip cut down to nothing and still rub slightly with -2.7 camber and a one finger ish gap.

EUSPOT (3).jpg

18x9.5 +22 265/35
19x9.5 +25 265/?
Concavity is a metric on wheel face / style / pad. A “drop cup” center will not yield a visually deeper center than a thin pad center. Lipped wheels don’t have concavity bc it trades it for a flat face and lip. Offset is also metric but actually a lot of people think that you can just take that number and put it on another wheel and that’s not true at all. It’s all based on everything I’ve stated in the previous sentences. That’s why wheels look different on different cars with the same style / diameter / width / offset / tire size.

If you want the deepest visual concavity you have to go with a wheel style / pad that is thin and the only way to do that is forged. 99% of manufacturers will not give you measured concavity depth. You’d have to rely on other peoples physical measurements. For example my concavity from lip to centercap is 3.25” front and 3.5” rear. This was highly dependent on my first paragraph. This is also based on the tire size I wanted to run and width. You have to go a wide width in order to get a deep / deeper concavity. I would say a 9.5” min width. With that you have to calculate tire height, offset, camber, drop height, stretched sidewall or flat look, and camber under compression.

Most flow forged companies “cheat” the offset by making one concavity face that is universal and they add on pad thickness (think welded spacer to wheel) to create a lower offset. That’s why lug nuts are more recessed in the rear of flow forged wheels. Forged wheels are different bc they remove the thickened pad for concavity.

So long story short…if you are looking for a deep concavity go forged. The only one I know that gives me all of the above wheel metics is Signature if you’re looking for a custom fitment. I’ve attached my current wheel profile below as an example.
CC89903A-606C-427A-B6F6-E096A102E091.jpeg
01152672-4103-4771-B048-29330E2BD2E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Concavity is a metric on wheel face / style / pad. A “drop cup” center will not yield a visually deeper center than a thin pad center. Lipped wheels don’t have concavity bc it trades it for a flat face and lip. Offset is also metric but actually a lot of people think that you can just take that number and put it on another wheel and that’s not true at all. It’s all based on everything I’ve stated in the previous sentences. That’s why wheels look different on different cars with the same style / diameter / width / offset / tire size.

If you want the deepest visual concavity you have to go with a wheel style / pad that is thin and the only way to do that is forged. 99% of manufacturers will not give you measured concavity depth. You’d have to rely on other peoples physical measurements. For example my concavity from lip to centercap is 3.25” front and 3.5” rear. This was highly dependent on my first paragraph. This is also based on the tire size I wanted to run and width. You have to go a wide width in order to get a deep / deeper concavity. I would say a 9.5” min width. With that you have to calculate tire height, offset, camber, drop height, stretched sidewall or flat look, and camber under compression.

Most flow forged companies “cheat” the offset by making one concavity face that is universal and they add on pad thickness (think welded spacer to wheel) to create a lower offset. That’s why lug nuts are more recessed in the rear of flow forged wheels. Forged wheels are different bc they remove the thickened pad for concavity.

So long story short…if you are looking for a deep concavity go forged. The only one I know that gives me all of the above wheel metics is Signature if you’re looking for a custom fitment. I’ve attached my current wheel profile below as an example.View attachment 758816View attachment 758821
What diffuser is that? Looks awesome.

Reactions: Dysan911

Friendly Reminder​

Forgestar Fall Sale - Ends Nov. 12th.
$200 OFF any wheel sets.

19x9 / 19x9.5 / 20x9 are in-stock and readily available!

Forgestar CF5V
19x9 +35 - $1680 $1480 + S/H
19x9.5 +29 - $1700 $1500 + S/H
20x9 +30 - $1880 $1680 + S/H
white-tesla-model-3-track-day-lightweight-racing-rims-forgestar-cf5v-gunmetal-i.jpg

white-tesla-model-3-track-day-lightweight-racing-rims-forgestar-cf5v-gunmetal-b.jpg

Forgestar CF10
white-tesla-model-3-black-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-forgestar-d.jpg

white-tesla-model-3-black-aftermarket-lightweight-wheels-forgestar-c.jpg

Forgestar F14
efficient-tesla-model-3-wheels-forgestar-f14-lightweight-rims-f.jpg

lightweight-tesla-model-3-wheels-forgestar-f14-gunmetal-rims-f.jpg

Message us to get your orders in!

Danny
Hey - wondering what the weight is for the 19x9 CF10 and CF5v?

I’m in need of some fitment info please. I’ve searched, but still unsure.
Will these fit without issue on 2022 M3LR

20x8.5. 5x114.3 ET35
20x10 5x114.3 ET35

Fitment assessments are never complete without indicating what tire specs you're going to go with, but the short answer is yes they should fit fine. The fronts should be ok with whatever tire you choose to go with. The rears will be close, but should be fine up to a 265 tire. May have to dial in more than natural camber if you choose to go 275 or above.