Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New wheels on my Model 3, all thanks to Rishie (@P3D-R) of ZEVcentric / AutoRnD! 😁

SSR GTX01 19x9.5 with 275/35 R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires all around for that meaty look. 🥩😉 Got them custom painted matte bronze with some black details to match the rest of the details on the car again, just like I had with the previous wheels. Really loving them, upgrading to 19" was my best choice yet with this car (had 18" before) and the 275 tires are just amazing really, together with close to everything of the MPP suspension catalog. 😋 Decided to run a different alignment than usual with these as well, suggested by both Rishie and MPP. And running slightly more camber in the front (-1.5 and -1.1 rear). Car just grips unlike anything I've ever experienced before, really handles beautifully. But of course with the new wheels it just looks so much better as well now. The chrome lug nuts were only temporary, I actually have black ones already on now. Silver center caps are still changing too, waiting to get some custom made as these can't be sprayed properly due to all the small letters. And the front wheels will be pushed out a bit more soon as they're tucked in a little bit due to the increased negative camber, but need to get some suspension stuff done again first which might change the fitment again slightly.

On3ROh4.jpg

tlbqtaO.jpg

2PVrO3k.jpg

c54N3j8.jpg

bpKvTV8.jpg
Just ordered a set of these GTX01 in black 19x9.5. Will need to order some lugs to swap out stock. I know we use the M14x1.5 on our cars but with these specific rims, what length did you go with? I have seen some stick out way too far but your seem flush. What brand/model did you go with? Happy with the result? Many thanks

Just ordered a set of these GTX01 in black 19x9.5. Will need to order some lugs to swap out stock. I know we use the M14x1.5 on our cars but with these specific rims, what length did you go with? I have seen some stick out way too far but your seem flush. What brand/model did you go with? Happy with the result? Many thanks
Cool, you're going to love them! 😃 On the photos I shared I was using some temporary chrome lug nuts, 2 inch length. I'm now using black Gorilla The System lug nuts, about 2 inch length too. I'm only using such long ones because I have extended lug studs. But even with these 2 inch lug nuts, they don't stick out too much, I actually like it this way.

Cool, you're going to love them! 😃 On the photos I shared I was using some temporary chrome lug nuts, 2 inch length. I'm now using black Gorilla The System lug nuts, about 2 inch length too. I'm only using such long ones because I have extended lug studs. But even with these 2 inch lug nuts, they don't stick out too much, I actually like it this way.
Sweet, many thanks for the response…apparently lug nut length is even a problem Google could not even solve. Was considering 40mm Kics so it seems like that would be a good size. Mind if I ask why you needed longer studs? Spacers? I have the exact same size wheels coming (but in flat black).

Reactions: Firehuntah
Sweet, many thanks for the response…apparently lug nut length is even a problem Google could not even solve. Was considering 40mm Kics so it seems like that would be a good size. Mind if I ask why you needed longer studs? Spacers? I have the exact same size wheels coming (but in flat black).

Yeah I had a hard time searching too, but that's because of those studs I'm using. Really wanted the Kics too, but I couldn't make that work unfortunately. They should work fine for you. 👍 I ran spacers with my previous wheels, that's why I have the extended studs. But now with the SSR I don't really need spacers anymore, already is flush (if it wasn't for me running a bit more front camber). Just a bit of a hassle now with the studs sticking out so far. 😅

Here's a photo of the studs and the nuts I use now (Gorilla The System duplex acorn).

VquRCIs.jpg

This won't be an issue for you with the OEM studs. 😉

And I guess why not show a photo with these nuts actually installed. 😁🌸 Only still want to change the center caps to some other ones to get rid of the mismatched silver. 😃 Can't get these sprayed unfortunately as the letters below SSR are too small.

iQPSPd9.jpg

Yeah I had a hard time searching too, but that's because of those studs I'm using. Really wanted the Kics too, but I couldn't make that work unfortunately. They should work fine for you. 👍 I ran spacers with my previous wheels, that's why I have the extended studs. But now with the SSR I don't really need spacers anymore, already is flush (if it wasn't for me running a bit more front camber). Just a bit of a hassle now with the studs sticking out so far. 😅

Here's a photo of the studs and the nuts I use now (Gorilla The System duplex acorn).

VquRCIs.jpg

This won't be an issue for you with the OEM studs. 😉

And I guess why not show a photo with these nuts actually installed. 😁🌸 Only still want to change the center caps to some other ones to get rid of the mismatched silver. 😃 Can't get these sprayed unfortunately as the letters below SSR are too small.

iQPSPd9.jpg
Nice thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated. Final question, is that the Low profile cap from SSR? I was looking at the super low type B on their site as there are no good aftermarket from what I see….is there any poke from the hub or do you think the super low profile cap would fit fine?

Nice thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated. Final question, is that the Low profile cap from SSR? I was looking at the super low type B on their site as there are no good aftermarket from what I see….is there any poke from the hub or do you think the super low profile cap would fit fine?

It's just the regular center cap on mine, not the low profile. It sticks out a bit from the hub but I like it that way. As for the low profile / super low one, I have no idea really. Don't know if that fits the GTX01 too. I guess @P3D-R might know this. 😉 Though I do think it sticks out slightly too. Doesn't look like it'll be flush with the hub, if that's what you're after. But definitely should stick out less far than the regular center cap, if it fits.

Just in time for TE-Tuesdays. A few sets we ordered a while back are starting to roll in!
If you have been lusting over these, do not miss this opportunity!

zcom-media-sites-a0ie000000gdpymial-media-import-wheels_te37_saga-volk-racing-te37-saga-wheel-face-1-18x-8.0-5x112-50-offset-additional-image-1-dsg-performance_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Danny

lol....Rishie c'mon....so true

Look is there some shortage of metal out there in CA?....I think there are soooo many wheel companies in Cali...they can't get enough metal there to support the demand...

Also can someone PLEASE recommend some lug nuts that will fit the tesla with aftermarket wheels?....I've searched all over, and $450 for some lug nuts...are you mad? $200-$250 I think is reasonable

Look is there some shortage of metal out there in CA?....I think there are soooo many wheel companies in Cali...they can't get enough metal there to support the demand...

Also can someone PLEASE recommend some lug nuts that will fit the tesla with aftermarket wheels?....I've searched all over, and $450 for some lug nuts...are you mad? $200-$250 I think is reasonable
They have a couple of options: MODEL 3 Wheels & Accessories

Reactions: E.Potter

About $400 is the going rate for titanium lugs. At least it’s not $900 like Raceseng. Pretty sweet looking though.