Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol....Rishie c'mon....so true

Look is there some shortage of metal out there in CA?....I think there are soooo many wheel companies in Cali...they can't get enough metal there to support the demand...

Also can someone PLEASE recommend some lug nuts that will fit the tesla with aftermarket wheels?....I've searched all over, and $450 for some lug nuts...are you mad? $200-$250 I think is reasonable
I have some nuts for you. black ones too. You know what they say. Once you go black. LOL.

Reactions: MeatyDiaper
So I just spent an hour combing this page. New guy awaiting delivery still and getting my build together. Got some KW v3's on order and now I am wheel shopping. eyeing a staggered set. Found some people with 20x10 ET40s but curious if anyone has ran a 20x10.5 ET40 on the rear. I want to get close without poking out or using spacers. Any photos from the front or back looking down the side would be super helpful. Thanks all

So I just spent an hour combing this page. New guy awaiting delivery still and getting my build together. Got some KW v3's on order and now I am wheel shopping. eyeing a staggered set. Found some people with 20x10 ET40s but curious if anyone has ran a 20x10.5 ET40 on the rear. I want to get close without poking out or using spacers. Any photos from the front or back looking down the side would be super helpful. Thanks all
my purple set is 20x11+40 in the rear, so you should have ~6mm less poke than that.

I'm planning on ordering my rims next week. On the rear 20x10,5 ET40 and on the front 20x9 ET30. I would love to go more aggressive on the front for more concave look but than i have to go to 10J ET? which will not work i guess. The shops here in Belgium play always safe and go for OEM specs. which will not work i guess. My info for choosing the specs comes from this thread, this week I'm rereading the whole thread with 60 pages to go 🙈

Yeah I had a hard time searching too, but that's because of those studs I'm using. Really wanted the Kics too, but I couldn't make that work unfortunately. They should work fine for you. 👍 I ran spacers with my previous wheels, that's why I have the extended studs. But now with the SSR I don't really need spacers anymore, already is flush (if it wasn't for me running a bit more front camber). Just a bit of a hassle now with the studs sticking out so far. 😅

Here's a photo of the studs and the nuts I use now (Gorilla The System duplex acorn).

VquRCIs.jpg

This won't be an issue for you with the OEM studs. 😉

And I guess why not show a photo with these nuts actually installed. 😁🌸 Only still want to change the center caps to some other ones to get rid of the mismatched silver. 😃 Can't get these sprayed unfortunately as the letters below SSR are too small.

iQPSPd9.jpg
Just to clear up some of my confusion, these are still the +35 SSR's or are these a new spec? Still running 275/35 tires? They look fantastic!

Just to clear up some of my confusion, these are still the +35 SSR's or are these a new spec? Still running 275/35 tires? They look fantastic!

There exists a +25 spec, so I was wondering if this represents that spec!

Thanks! These are indeed the +35 offset with 275/35 tires. Honestly, even if the +25 would fit better, the +35 will always look better since the only change with the +25 is that the hub area of the wheel is 10mm more recessed. Wheel face is still the same and doesn't get more concave. Which in my opinion doesn't look good. With the +35 this looks so much better. But you really don't have to worry about it for the Model 3 anyway since +35 is a great fit, especially on non-Performance. The +25 would poke way too much unless you run quite a bit of camber.

Reactions: davidato
Thanks! These are indeed the +35 offset with 275/35 tires. Honestly, even if the +25 would fit better, the +35 will always look better since the only change with the +25 is that the hub area of the wheel is 10mm more recessed. Wheel face is still the same and doesn't get more concave. Which in my opinion doesn't look good. With the +35 this looks so much better. But you really don't have to worry about it for the Model 3 anyway since +35 is a great fit, especially on non-Performance. The +25 would poke way too much unless you run quite a bit of camber.
ehhhhh... I see what you're trying to say
don't need much negative camber and +25 doesn't really poke unless you are talking about standard height...good stuff mang

ehhhhh... I see what you're trying to say
don't need much negative camber and +25 doesn't really poke unless you are talking about standard height...good stuff mang

It does actually, at least for non-Performance that I'm talking about. My Model 3 is lowered about 45-50mm which is quite a bit and 9.5J +35 offset is flush with natural camber up front and around -1 camber rear with adjustable arms. The +25 would definitely poke out 10mm. There's no way I would've been able to make +25 work without adding more camber.