Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I won't be able to get my car lowered for a while. Do you guys think I'll be able to mount the above configuration without rubbing? So basically stock height with 19x9.5 +35mm wheels on 265/35/19 rubber on a model 3 performance with 3mm spacers/stepped lip eliminator.
This is a very conservative spec for M3P. You will have no problem either way.

Danny

Reactions: gundam83
BC Forged
Modular 2-Piece HCS02S

1654357395095-jpeg.812570

1654357374062-jpeg.812569

Concave face and tight fitment just how we like it 😊

Feel free to reach out to us if you're interested!

Danny
very clean look Danny ! love the stance

Reactions: MODEL+
View attachment 813982View attachment 813983
Now she needs some caps and a bit of a drop
For anyone looking for this setup, we have them in-stock and ready to ship!
Model 3 Performance Plug & Play Package available!

Message us if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Danny

Reactions: Firehuntah
If I find it I will post it, you might want to reach out to the guy that did the 18 list, he's seems pretty up to speed on the wheel market. Did you check out Martian Wheels or Titan 7, they both make 19's custom for the Model 3 and keep them in stock and the are super light, strong and come with Lifetime structural warranties.
Titan warranty doesn’t cover structural damage due to road conditions. It’s under exclusions.

Titan warranty doesn’t cover structural damage due to road conditions. It’s under exclusions.
@TessM3 Do any wheel brands warranty for road damage?

I didn't even think to look for that, I assumed no wheel maker would warranty for that, at least not in the US with our finely maintained roads. :)

I have heard of wheel makers providing big replacement discounts e.g. half price for racetrack crashes and curb impacts (covering track use only from the secondhand stories I've heard). In some cases it wasn't a written warranty, the customer just let them know what happened and asked nicely...

Thanks to Danny with setting me up for a set of OG bronze on my 3 and I was able to source a set if bronze TE37XT for my Tundra. In the meantime, got new wider rubber for my R6’s from 245/30/20 to 275/30/20…thinking twice about the Nitto NT555 Gt’s and might switch to Nitto Invo’s instead.

Attachments

• 82274FD3-C7C3-40C2-91FA-44072C8FEBAD.jpeg
    82274FD3-C7C3-40C2-91FA-44072C8FEBAD.jpeg
    815.5 KB · Views: 244
  • D110DFBF-D470-4089-AB74-B73C4D0199EB.jpeg
    D110DFBF-D470-4089-AB74-B73C4D0199EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • 982E4B77-2BE1-4410-A78D-0D1C53CCEEF6.jpeg
    982E4B77-2BE1-4410-A78D-0D1C53CCEEF6.jpeg
    752.7 KB · Views: 192
  • EA3A3FDF-41D2-4010-87CA-F14B2B37E95E.jpeg
    EA3A3FDF-41D2-4010-87CA-F14B2B37E95E.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 29CA80CD-86DB-4E0F-8112-31B659900231.jpeg
    29CA80CD-86DB-4E0F-8112-31B659900231.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 957B7C87-7BDF-40AA-9CAB-539C756BDB07.jpeg
    957B7C87-7BDF-40AA-9CAB-539C756BDB07.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 178
This may be a stupid question, but why do you put 35 front tires and 30 rear tires on a staggered setup?
the 30 and 35 are aspect ratios:

.35 * 235 = 82.25mm (height of sidewall)
.3 * 275 = 82.5mm

So as you can see, if you are running 275mm width on the rear in a staggered setup, you need to use a 30 tire to get the same sidewall height as the front.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Hayden
Well, after looking at literally thousands of photos of Model 3’s with aftermarket wheels, I finally found the one that speaks to me enough for me to say… I got to have these!!! Turns out, these are apparently ultra high luxury/performance custom wheels. HRE Wheels. Anyone heard of this company? Of course, the one I feel in love with (model P204, 20”) is one of their most expensive (starts at $3325 per wheel for the 19”)!!! Not sure I’m ready to drop $14,000-$15,000 on just a set of four wheels.

But, every time I see their attached product photo, I inch closer to taking the plunge!
Please talk me off the ledge!!!! 🤪 😁

2A33BC8C-C404-4346-A6F0-FAA1C5303A28.jpeg

Last edited:
HRE Wheels are super high quality, but there's a point of diminishing returns over something like Aspira, BC Forged, Signature, Rays, Advan etc. $4-5k for a set of quality forged wheels can be justified, especially when you consider the strength to weight ratio, craftsmanship, and quality of the powder coating. However, $15k is simply absurd. There is a marginal difference that one could barely tell when jumping to HRE. You'd most likely have to have the wheel next to another set of high quality forged wheels to really be able to pick out the differences. Part of the reason why they're so expensive is the amount of rigorous testing they go through to get all those approvals from various standards.

HRE wheels are usually found on uber high-end show specific cars, but you can see a few people running them on their dailies. Who am I to judge, though? Go for what you can afford and like. HRE wheels do hit a elite tier.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I agree. I don’t believe there is any real practical difference in performance or quality between HRE and others like Aspira, Signature, etc… If I go for it, it would totally be a luxury purchase based solely on looks. I’m fortunate enough to afford something like this, but the practical side of me says to keep on looking for something that looks similar and is a little less expensive…

HRE Wheels are super high quality, but there's a point of diminishing returns over something like Aspira, BC Forged, Signature, Rays, Advan etc. $4-5k for a set of quality forged wheels can be justified, especially when you consider the strength to weight ratio, craftsmanship, and quality of the powder coating. However, $15k is simply absurd. There is a marginal difference that one could barely tell when jumping to HRE. You'd most likely have to have the wheel next to another set of high quality forged wheels to really be able to pick out the differences. Part of the reason why they're so expensive is the amount of rigorous testing they go through to get all those approvals from various standards.

HRE wheels are usually found on uber high-end show specific cars, but you can see a few people running them on their dailies. Who am I to judge, though? Go for what you can afford and like. HRE wheels do hit a elite tier.

Agree with drpheta here, HRE has been around the industry for a few decades. The price is on the higher end, you are paying for the name, the engineering, the type of forge aluminum, the wheels are built inhouse, etc. I always tell my customers to stay within their budget if you damage one wheel off a 15k wheel, thats $3750 to replace one wheel.

I always tell my customers to stay within their budget if you damage one wheel off a 15k wheel, thats $3750 to replace one wheel.

I damaged a HRE wheel back in 2014 (when it was "only" ~$1,700 per wheel), and it was a very unpleasant experience... I couldn't imagine getting wheels that are $3K+ each these days.

Also, you most likely won't get anything close to what you paid for the wheels if/when it comes time to sell them.

I damaged a HRE wheel back in 2014 (when it was "only" ~$1,700 per wheel), and it was a very unpleasant experience... I couldn't imagine getting wheels that are $3K+ each these days.

Also, you most likely won't get anything close to what you paid for the wheels if/when it comes time to sell them.

Thanks, Mike. Sorry to hear about your experience with the damaged HRE wheel. It’s certainly a risk we all take & accept when purchasing expensive performance products. Fortunately, the risk for wheel damage is extremely low (almost zero) with my particular lifestyle, driving habits and the road/surface conditions in my area. So far with over 38 years of driving various vehicles, I’ve never run into any potholes or damaged any wheels… knock on wood 🪵. Yeah, I sort of live in my own bubble! 😄

As for resale value, that has never been a factor/driver on anything that I have purchased. I suspect anyone who is crazy enough to seriously consider purchasing (or owns) HRE wheels is probably not concerned with resale value.

Reactions: CreoUCLA