Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going back to my JDM years I've always been a fan of Advan RS2 wheels. I assume they don't make these in a Tesla spec

Ask and you shall receive…. This is on a Model Y and the owner had the wheels rebored to fit a Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyD
Thanks, Mike. Sorry to hear about your experience with the damaged HRE wheel. It’s certainly a risk we all take & accept when purchasing expensive performance products. Fortunately, the risk for wheel damage is extremely low (almost zero) with my particular lifestyle, driving habits and the road/surface conditions in my area. So far with over 38 years of driving various vehicles, I’ve never run into any potholes or damaged any wheels… knock on wood 🪵. Yeah, I sort of live in my own bubble! 😄

As for resale value, that has never been a factor/driver on anything that I have purchased. I suspect anyone who is crazy enough to seriously consider purchasing (or owns) HRE wheels is probably not concerned with resale value.

I've only ever bent 1 wheel in the 15+ cars I've owned, and unfortunately it was those... Just the wrong place/time, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

I know I'm only keeping my car(s) for ~3 years, so I do think ahead of time about how easy part(s) will be to offload later. ✌️

Not exactly “aftermarket” but here are my Uberturbines…

1) painted in gloss black enamel
2) wrapped in 255/35R20
3) 5mm front and 16mm rear spacers (Performance brakes)

Also, lowered on H&R coils (-1.2” F/R, if not a bit more).

Looks great!

I’m thinking about doing the same: 14mm rear spacers with extended shank lugs, 5mm front slip over - and swap the 235/35 for some 255/35 for a better fitment on the 9” stock wheels.

Did you paint them yourself? What tire did you go with? I was considering the Pilot Sport AS4 or BFG Comp-2 AS+

Looks great!

I’m thinking about doing the same: 14mm rear spacers with extended shank lugs, 5mm front slip over - and swap the 235/35 for some 255/35 for a better fitment on the 9” stock wheels.

Did you paint them yourself? What tire did you go with? I was considering the Pilot Sport AS4 or BFG Comp-2 AS+
Doing it over again, I would probably go 265/30R20, partially for aesthetics (I like a little more bulge…err wait), partially for a bit more rim protection, and partially because the ~2%% taller drive ratio is slightly perceptible from a raw acceleration standpoint. But, I am happy overall with the 255s both in appearance and a slight bump in smoothness (which may be at least partially from tire construction).

I am running Vredestein Hypertracs. I went all-season figuring I’d never really push all that hard, I was pretty eager to drop the “stretched” look of the 235s, and because here in 4 months I’ll be driving on ice or snow a couple times a month. That said, after my first AutoX event where I could really tell the difference, in hindsight I might have looked harder into investing in two sets of wheels.

I did spray the wheels myself using a compressor and spray gun!

• Informative
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
*bulge*

*snicker*

I'm actually wanting a little more sidewall height over the OEM tires, for me, a 265/30 goes the wrong way, I really like the idea of the __slight__ increase with the 255/35.

I'm looking at performance all seasons too, like you, I feel like that's plenty for the street (in terms of performance, vs. something like an MPS)

Nice you were able to DIY the paint, I think that's out of my pay grade. :D Out of curiosity, did you leave the tires mounted? I've seen people use like cards between the lip and the tire, partially to not have to unmount them, but also to avoid painting the tire contact surface (I guess to reduce the chance of a leak).

Cool, yeah, thanks for all the info.

• Funny
Reactions: Lindenwood
I did
*bulge*

*snicker*

I'm actually wanting a little more sidewall height over the OEM tires, for me, a 265/30 goes the wrong way, I really like the idea of the __slight__ increase with the 255/35.

I'm looking at performance all seasons too, like you, I feel like that's plenty for the street (in terms of performance, vs. something like an MPS)

Nice you were able to DIY the paint, I think that's out of my pay grade. :D Out of curiosity, did you leave the tires mounted? I've seen people use like cards between the lip and the tire, partially to not have to unmount them, but also to avoid painting the tire contact surface (I guess to reduce the chance of a leak).

Cool, yeah, thanks for all the info!
I did not cover the tire. My spray gun has a pretty clean edge and any minor overspray I got on the sidewall is not noticeable. Additionally, I did not have to paint the outer edges of the rim bead since the difference between black and dark gunmetal was not perceptible there.

Maybe I don’t know any better, but I would not be worried about a little bit of paint approaching the tire bead. Perhaps if I was running racing on 200tw tires, sure? But not for just a playful street car.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Titanium lug nuts I ordered from Endless came in (took 3 Weeks), and I paid $201....as promised...here they are:

IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg

any vendors have 20” forged with flush fitment (staggered) for a ’22 M3P ready to ship? Show me what you have. Thanks.
Here you go:

Reactions: MODEL+