Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BC Forged 20" HCS02S Hodular+ 18" RZ21 Monoblock​

1j9a8658-jpg.819449
1j9a8702-jpg.819450

Message us to order a set now! Pricing guide available here.

1j9a8714-jpg.819448

Thanks,
Danny

I know this isn’t strictly a aftermarket wheel question but there are so many knowledgeable wheel people in this thread I figured this would be the bast place to ask the question and get it seen by someone who would know the answer.
I have a M3LR with 19” Sport wheels and we are hopefully taking delivery soon of a MY RWD with 20” Induction wheels for my wife. She curbs her wheels all the time so I wanted to swap the wheels between our cars because I might cry if the Inductions get wrecked.
Does anyone know if this will be a problem?
I have it on good authority that the specs for the wheels are:
Model 3 sport are 19x8.5" Offset +40 Tyres are 235/40R19
Model Y Induction are 20x9.5" Offset +45 Tyres are 255/40R20

Has anyone else tried this or know of any reason I shouldn’t do it?
Thanks.

I know this isn’t strictly a aftermarket wheel question but there are so many knowledgeable wheel people in this thread I figured this would be the bast place to ask the question and get it seen by someone who would know the answer.
I have a M3LR with 19” Sport wheels and we are hopefully taking delivery soon of a MY RWD with 20” Induction wheels for my wife. She curbs her wheels all the time so I wanted to swap the wheels between our cars because I might cry if the Inductions get wrecked.

Thanks.
Good question - I’m interested in this too!

No. The Y tires won't fit the 3. Tires are 1.6" bigger diameter which will hit the steering knuckle and your speedometer/odometer will be way off.

If you're question is only about the wheels and you plan to buy new tires, you will still need spacers to keep the wheel from hitting the knuckle and to keep the wheels from looking sucked into the fender, then make sure the tpms sensors are also swapped if one isn't using the newer bluetooth sensors.

Reactions: muddie

Thanks.
The wheels will fit (though you need a spacer up front on your Model 3 to fit the Model Y wheels) however, the tires are the wrong size. So unless you want to buy 8 new tires, you cannot swap. There are threads on this exact subject.

She curbs her wheels all the time so I wanted to swap the wheels between our cars because I might cry if the Inductions get wrecked.

This might be a less expensive option you can try out first versus swapping wheels + buying new tires;

What do y'all recommend for 18" summer wheels/tires to replace the 20" Uberturbines on the M3P? Looking for range and ride comfort close to the LR AWD. I like the efficiency of the Fast Wheels EV01 but the look isn't my favourite, particularly as they hide the red break calipers. Loved the MW03 Martian Wheels but heard people can't get their orders fulfilled. Read T Sportsline are too heavy/pricey. Any insights appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
What do y'all recommend for 18" summer wheels/tires to replace the 20" Uberturbines on the M3P? Looking for range and ride comfort close to the LR AWD. I like the efficiency of the Fast Wheels EV01 but the look isn't my favourite, particularly as they hide the red break calipers. Loved the MW03 Martian Wheels but heard people can't get their orders fulfilled. Read T Sportsline are too heavy/pricey. Any insights appreciated, thanks.
I'd recommend 19s. Aodhan, Konig both have lightweight and inexpensive <$1k options. Throw on some 245/40s and you should achieve what you want.

Edit: you will get a range hit with almost all aftermarket wheels unless they are a purpose made "aero" styled wheel. BUT, that's also mostly applicable if you're doing a fair amount of highway driving. Freeway speeds is where aero will have an effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: likkuid
@likkuid My 18x8.5" Titan7 T-S5 wheels are forged and a direct M3P fitment, like the MW03. Split 5 spoke design instead of the MW03's split 7 spoke, but they definitely show off the brakes. They were out of stock / on backorder when I ordered mine though, I had to wait for them! (Same for my coilovers, heck same for the car itself. 'Tis the world these days...)

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6611533/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6705435/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6791334/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6789788/

They're not aero and they surely won't match aero wheel efficiency on the highway. However I did gain efficiency vs the stock Uberturbine setup! I don't have consistent enough driving to give you hard numbers for comparison, but it became easier to match the M3P's EPA rated efficiency, both on the highway and on rural back road driving (lots of speeding up + slowing down) when not hammering it.

That's with tires in the same "max performance" category as the stock M3P tires, and these tires actually grip better than the stock tires (dry and wet). So I credit the efficiency gain from the wheels, not the tires - though some here will claim it must be the tires. My guess is an 18" setup with taller tire sidewall / shorter spokes is more aerodynamic than the stock 20" setup. And the lower wheel+tire weight should help acceleration and deceleration efficiency (e.g. for back road efficiency). (And hey, maybe these Bridgestone Potenza Sport tires have lower rolling resistance than the OE Pirelli PZ4 too despite the Bridgestones having better lateral grip. It's possible, but I am doubtful.)

I would assume any 18x8.5" wheel of similar weight would give the same gains. Even a basic 18x8.5" flow formed cast wheel is still much lighter than the OE Uberturbines and probably gives most of the gains, for about $1k/set instead of $2k/set for forged. Note I went forged for extra strength, the extra weight savings possible with forged wheels was just a minor side benefit to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: likkuid
You think it’s possible to walk into the Reno Tesla service center and buy 4 TPMS units? Guy I ordered them from on eBay seems to have decided to stiff me and I’m not sure I feel like waiting another week to get my tires mounted.

Yes, the service centers will have them in stock usually. I always get my TPMS sensors from my nearest service center here. And that's in the Netherlands. Surely in the US there'll be plenty of stock of the TPMS sensors. 😁

@likkuid My 18x8.5" Titan7 T-S5 wheels are forged and a direct M3P fitment, like the MW03. Split 5 spoke design instead of the MW03's split 7 spoke, but they definitely show off the brakes. They were out of stock / on backorder when I ordered mine though, I had to wait for them! (Same for my coilovers, heck same for the car itself. 'Tis the world these days...)

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6611533/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6705435/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6791334/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6789788/

They're not aero and they surely won't match aero wheel efficiency on the highway. However I did gain efficiency vs the stock Uberturbine setup! I don't have consistent enough driving to give you hard numbers for comparison, but it became easier to match the M3P's EPA rated efficiency, both on the highway and on rural back road driving (lots of speeding up + slowing down) when not hammering it.

That's with tires in the same "max performance" category as the stock M3P tires, and these tires actually grip better than the stock tires (dry and wet). So I credit the efficiency gain from the wheels, not the tires - though some here will claim it must be the tires. My guess is an 18" setup with taller tire sidewall / shorter spokes is more aerodynamic than the stock 20" setup. And the lower wheel+tire weight should help acceleration and deceleration efficiency (e.g. for back road efficiency). (And hey, maybe these Bridgestone Potenza Sport tires have lower rolling resistance than the OE Pirelli PZ4 too despite the Bridgestones having better lateral grip. It's possible, but I am doubtful.)

I would assume any 18x8.5" wheel of similar weight would give the same gains. Even a basic 18x8.5" flow formed cast wheel is still much lighter than the OE Uberturbines and probably gives most of the gains, for about $1k/set instead of $2k/set for forged. Note I went forged for extra strength, the extra weight savings possible with forged wheels was just a minor side benefit to me.

Did your center caps ship separately from your wheels? I ordered from Titan and I've had the wheels for a week and it appears the center caps haven't even shipped.