Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do y'all recommend for 18" summer wheels/tires to replace the 20" Uberturbines on the M3P? Looking for range and ride comfort close to the LR AWD. I like the efficiency of the Fast Wheels EV01 but the look isn't my favourite, particularly as they hide the red break calipers. Loved the MW03 Martian Wheels but heard people can't get their orders fulfilled. Read T Sportsline are too heavy/pricey. Any insights appreciated, thanks.
I just canceled my MW03 order from March but they can’t fulfill orders. They keep getting pushed back. I ordered mid March with April estimate and they are now into July. I was said to cancel, very sexy wheel.

Reactions: likkuid
I'm looking for great fitment (wheel to fender), and I really have no idea what I am doing. A pretty large seller in my country told me these would fit really well:

Front:
9.5x20 + 40
or
9.0x20 + 35

Rear:
10.5x20 + 42-43
or
10.0x19 + 40

So by taking those numbers, I found a perfect set of wheels:

Front: 8.5x20 + 28
Rear: 10.0x20 + 40

Can anyone confirm whether or not I'm right/wrong? Would 8.5 front and 10.0 rear look weird, especially with a 12 offset difference?

I'm looking for great fitment (wheel to fender), and I really have no idea what I am doing. A pretty large seller in my country told me these would fit really well:

Front:
9.5x20 + 40
or
9.0x20 + 35

Rear:
10.5x20 + 42-43
or
10.0x19 + 40

So by taking those numbers, I found a perfect set of wheels:

Front: 8.5x20 + 28
Rear: 10.0x20 + 40

Can anyone confirm whether or not I'm right/wrong? Would 8.5 front and 10.0 rear look weird, especially with a 12 offset difference?
Why such a difference in size between front and rear? I get the staggered setup, but 20x10 with an appropriate 275 or larger width will hit your range. Many even make the car slower with the additional rolling mass, and more rubber to the pavement. Using 20" rims with that width in the rear, you may have to go to 30 side walls, that's super thin.

Why such a difference in size between front and rear? I get the staggered setup, but 20x10 with an appropriate 275 or larger width will hit your range. Many even make the car slower with the additional rolling mass, and more rubber to the pavement. Using 20" rims with that width in the rear, you may have to go to 30 side walls, that's super thin.

Hm okay, I see. I don't have a lot of experience, so I'd rather ask. I do want rim to fender fitment, though.

I can "only" get the rims in 8.5, 10, or 11 width, so I guess 8.5 for the front and rear will have to do, then.

8.5x20 + 24 for the rear and 8.5x20 + 28 for the front. Does that sound about right?

Hm okay, I see. I don't have a lot of experience, so I'd rather ask. I do want rim to fender fitment, though.

I can "only" get the rims in 8.5, 10, or 11 width, so I guess 8.5 for the front and rear will have to do, then.

8.5x20 + 24 for the rear and 8.5x20 + 28 for the front. Does that sound about right?
Sure others are way more knowledgeable on stretching the limits of the wheel wells. What is you reason for going so large on a M3?

We (the USA) never had these supply chain issues before late 2020 on any products - that's a fact.
I predict these messages getting moved somewhere off-topic....

When people here want a 'flush' fitment just for looks, I believe the standard recommendation is a 15/20mm spacer front/rear.
If you don't want to deal with spacers, do the math - front offset of ~20, and rear offset of 15 on a 8.5/9.0-wide wheel should work on an otherwise stock suspension with stock-sized rubber.

I predict these messages getting moved somewhere off-topic....

When people here want a 'flush' fitment just for looks, I believe the standard recommendation is a 15/20mm spacer front/rear.
If you don't want to deal with spacers, do the math - front offset of ~20, and rear offset of 15 on a 8.5/9.0-wide wheel should work on an otherwise stock suspension with stock-sized rubber.

Can confirm. Perfectly flush is:

Front:
8.5" +20
9.0" +25

Rear:
8.5" +15
9.0" +20

Would recommend against staggered, personally. Best approach is to use a square wheel/tire setup with a 5mm rear spacer.

Can confirm. Perfectly flush is:

Front:
8.5" +20
9.0" +25

Rear:
8.5" +15
9.0" +20

Would recommend against staggered, personally. Best approach is to use a square wheel/tire setup with a 5mm rear spacer.

Staggered, square etc. are all new terms for me, so I just looked it up. I'm going with 8.5 front and rear.

Just to be sure.. I cannot get an offset of lower than 20. Does that mean that if I get an offset of 20 on both rims, I need a 5mm spacer on the rear to get the offset to +15?

Staggered, square etc. are all new terms for me, so I just looked it up. I'm going with 8.5 front and rear.

Just to be sure.. I cannot get an offset of lower than 20. Does that mean that if I get an offset of 20 on both rims, I need a 5mm spacer on the rear to get the offset to +15?
Correct. A 5mm spacer would turn a +20 into a +15. Is your car lowered? If not, then +25-F / +20-R might be better. There are very few low offset wheels (+20 or +25) in 8.5" width.

Thanks, Mike. Sorry to hear about your experience with the damaged HRE wheel. It’s certainly a risk we all take & accept when purchasing expensive performance products. Fortunately, the risk for wheel damage is extremely low (almost zero) with my particular lifestyle, driving habits and the road/surface conditions in my area. So far with over 38 years of driving various vehicles, I’ve never run into any potholes or damaged any wheels… knock on wood 🪵. Yeah, I sort of live in my own bubble! 😄

As for resale value, that has never been a factor/driver on anything that I have purchased. I suspect anyone who is crazy enough to seriously consider purchasing (or owns) HRE wheels is probably not concerned with resale value.
IMO - You'd have way more smiles for miles, upgrading the a Plaid S with Zero-60 in 2 seconds. Never hit a pot hole or damaged any wheels? Dang - I've blown out a couple of low profile tires on pot holes and scraped several wheels in my days - no glass roads in all the states I drive. However, if those wheels are what you want and you can afford them - then get them.

I just canceled my MW03 order from March but they can’t fulfill orders. They keep getting pushed back. I ordered mid March with April estimate and they are now into July. I was said to cancel, very sexy wheel.
Martian Wheels recently got their shipment in and have been fulfilling backorders for us left and right.
Feel free to place an order! It should be shipping within a few business days.

Danny

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
1AF74E89-3CCD-439F-B40A-500040443DA4.jpeg

Finally got some shoes on Bane. Forgiato EV 001 20”