Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are using 5 mm spacers with the non-performance rotor hats you may not have enough thread to grab. Do you have a full eight turns of the lug nuts? If not most sources suggest you do not have enough thread to ensure safety at high cornering loads.
Yes i did read something about that. I did not count the turns but i can take a nut off and put it back and see how many turns i got. But i dont use the car on track. Just as a daily driver.

Just did a check. I almost have 7 full turns. So i have ordered a couple of 3mm spacer instead. Hopefully that will help.
I wish I'd gotten on this forum sooner. I bought some 19" MSW rims as part of a package with TireRack. After 3 months all 4 wheels bent within the space of 2 weeks. The Tesla service center mechanic suggested it might be a spacer issue, but when I asked for the summary from Telsa's service center rep (they wouldn't let me talk to the mechanic) they wouldn't tell me anything. It was really weird. In the end I went back to OEMs. I still don't know what the issue was as I didn't know what to look for, but I've never in my life had a bent rim let alone all 4. TireRack indicated that wheel companies never provide warranties.....

I wish I'd gotten on this forum sooner. I bought some 19" MSW rims as part of a package with TireRack. After 3 months all 4 wheels bent within the space of 2 weeks. The Tesla service center mechanic suggested it might be a spacer issue, but when I asked for the summary from Telsa's service center rep (they wouldn't let me talk to the mechanic) they wouldn't tell me anything. It was really weird. In the end I went back to OEMs. I still don't know what the issue was as I didn't know what to look for, but I've never in my life had a bent rim let alone all 4. TireRack indicated that wheel companies never provide warranties.....
Can you provide pictures? Where was the bend in the wheels?

Can you provide pictures? Where was the bend in the wheels?
Curious also... this sounds strange!

Danny

Woenderful thread. It is going to take me while to find the answers from the 300 pages. In the meanwhile, if somebody already has thought of this setup, let me know if it is doable or not.

1681439166444-png.928233

Of course doable. What size wheels are you planning to run that tire size with?

Danny
That is the million dollar question!!
For example: Would the TST from Tsportline work?

18x8.5 for the front

20x10 for the rear

you got it right. I was looking to go for a staggered look, with changing only the rear wheels and tires.
That's more than staggered. Stock 18 inch wheels and tires tend to be low traction low rolling resistance and low performance and the 275 30 20-in tires tend to be high performance. The car will severely understeer. Severely.

Last edited:
Reactions: afadeev
That is the million dollar question!!
For example: Would the TST from Tsportline work?

18x8.5 for the front

20x10 for the rear
May I ask what motivated you to want to do a double staggered setup like this?

I know it's popular for OEMs to do it for their high performance cars nowadays, but it's typically a one size up difference.

Danny