Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels - What are you getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of good looking wheels out there but if they are not lighter than stock I personally don't feel the need to spend the dough. Having said that...

These two wheels in the reasonably priced category ($200-300 per wheel) have caught my eye...

1010Tires.com offers the Fast Wheels FCO4 in a 19x8.5 +35 for $215 ea., which according to the offset calculator on their site would result in the wheel being pushed 5mm toward the fender (with a resulting increase in inner clearance of 5mm). The Fast Wheels website (www.fastwheels.ca - they are based out of Canada) lists the weight at 21.4 lbs. That doesn't include sensors or hub rings but that suggests the 19 is about as light as the 18s from the factory and substantially lighter than the stock 19s. They also list a 20x8.5+35 at 23.8 lbs and a 18x8 +30 at 19.4 lbs. Fast Wheels lists other widths (18x9, 19x9.5, 20x9.5) with different offsets for those looking for a staggered set up or a more aggressive offset. Three colors are offered, Matte Bronze, Titanium Grey and Metallic Black.

Fast-WheelsFC04A-FC04A-Matte-Bronze-(Deep)-B_lg_super.jpg
Fast-FC04A-TitnmFlt_lg_super.jpg
FC04A-FC04A-Black-Metallic_lg_super.jpg

Advanti Racing offers the HY Hybris 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 in a 5*114.3 +35 or +40 offset that is flow formed (rotary forged?) that are bit more (approx. $50 more ea. than the FCO4) in silver or black, but hard to nail down the weights - rumored to be in the 19-21 lbs range.

fullsizeoutput_14f3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_13ce0.jpeg

No interest or experience with either 1010tires, Fast Wheels or Advanti Racing but like everyone else I've been scouring the web for alternatives to stock. Throw on a set of high performance, LRR, all-seasons (Pirelli P7 All Season Plus seems to get decent marks) in stock sizes and do a mild drop and I think I'd be all set. Many might prefer high performance rubber but haven't found much in the LRR category so I'll stick to the highest performing LRRs I can find. Treadwear is not the primary concern for me but range impact is. Suggestions are welcome. Would love feedback from anyone who might have experience with any of these vendors. Once again, no interest in the vendors. No dog in the fight!

Lots of good looking wheels out there but if they are not lighter than stock I personally don't feel the need to spend the dough. Having said that...

These two wheels in the reasonably priced category ($200-300 per wheel) have caught my eye...

1010Tires.com offers the Fast Wheels FCO4 in a 19x8.5 +35 for $215 ea., which according to the offset calculator on their site would result in the wheel being pushed 5mm toward the fender (with a resulting increase in inner clearance of 5mm). The Fast Wheels website (www.fastwheels.ca - they are based out of Canada) lists the weight at 21.4 lbs. That doesn't include sensors or hub rings but that suggests the 19 is about as light as the 18s from the factory and substantially lighter than the stock 19s. They also list a 20x8.5+35 at 23.8 lbs and a 18x8 +30 at 19.4 lbs. Fast Wheels lists other widths (18x9, 19x9.5, 20x9.5) with different offsets for those looking for a staggered set up or a more aggressive offset. Three colors are offered, Matte Bronze, Titanium Grey and Metallic Black.

View attachment 294462 View attachment 294463 View attachment 294464

Advanti Racing offers the HY Hybris 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 in a 5*114.3 +35 or +40 offset that is flow formed (rotary forged?) that are bit more (approx. $50 more ea. than the FCO4) in silver or black, but hard to nail down the weights - rumored to be in the 19-21 lbs range.

View attachment 294466 View attachment 294470

No interest or experience with either 1010tires, Fast Wheels or Advanti Racing but like everyone else I've been scouring the web for alternatives to stock. Throw on a set of high performance, LRR, all-seasons (Pirelli P7 All Season Plus seems to get decent marks) in stock sizes and do a mild drop and I think I'd be all set. Many might prefer high performance rubber but haven't found much in the LRR category so I'll stick to the highest performing LRRs I can find. Treadwear is not the primary concern for me but range impact is. Suggestions are welcome. Would love feedback from anyone who might have experience with any of these vendors. Once again, no interest in the vendors. No dog in the fight!
Looks like some really good options - you do good homework! I would confirm the weights before throwing down any monies. As long as as you can beat 21.6 pounds (stock 18 weight) you will be ahead of the game.. Also factor the weight of the tires into the total weight per axle -- The P7's in stock size only weigh 24 lbs, and the Michelin MXM4's weigh 25 lbs.. in the 18 inch size.

Last edited:
I so badly would like to get aftermarket wheels but am afraid of going to a shop that has never changed wheels on a Tesla. Just the jackpoints on Teslas are so small than ICE cars...at least that is what I heard anyway. Would hate to spend this kind of money on a car that I waited so long for only to go somewhere and have it all messed up because someone was not careful putting the car on the lift properly. If I am being overly cautious please let me know... I am known to be a worry wart.

The Fast Wheel FC04 is world famous. It's the replacement wheels on You You Xue's Model 3, which is now touring Europe.

I'm planning to get a set of FC04 too -- unless Telsa comes up with some better alternatives with the AWD version.

View attachment 294462 View attachment 294463 View attachment 294464

I so badly would like to get aftermarket wheels but am afraid of going to a shop that has never changed wheels on a Tesla. Just the jackpoints on Teslas are so small than ICE cars...at least that is what I heard anyway. Would hate to spend this kind of money on a car that I waited so long for only to go somewhere and have it all messed up because someone was not careful putting the car on the lift properly. If I am being overly cautious please let me know... I am known to be a worry wart.

You could just order the set and put them on yourself. That's what I would do. Get a hockey puck to help with the lift point.

I only see the 19x8.5 in a +45 offset.

My rims are showing up in a few hours from Canadawheels.

I Purchased the FC04 after getting some photoshop help from some nice community members on this forum.

Total cost with taxes came to $1222CAD (obviously). Great deal.. but please dont buy them, i want my car to be special lol

My rims are showing up in a few hours from Canadawheels.

I Purchased the FC04 after getting some photoshop help from some nice community members on this forum.

Total cost with taxes came to $1222CAD (obviously). Great deal.. but please dont buy them, i want my car to be special lol

What size, offset and colour did you get? Looking forward to your pics!

Do you plan to swap out the FC04 black centre caps?

I'm planning to get 19x8.5" +35 offset in Titanium but I'm not sure how light/dark the Titanium is in real life. And I'm not sure how the factory open-end lug nuts are gonna look on the FC04. May put on the Tesla lug nuts and centre caps.

What size, offset and colour did you get? Looking forward to your pics!

Do you plan to swap out the FC04 black centre caps?

I'm planning to get 19x8.5" +35 offset in Titanium but I'm not sure how light/dark the Titanium is in real life. And I'm not sure how the factory open-end lug nuts are gonna look on the FC04. May put on the Tesla lug nuts and centre caps.
Once I get my Model 3 I'll share the photos. I want to see if there is any way to swap out the center logo for the Tesla T.

I got 18x8 +40 offset.

I want to stick with 18" rims because the tires are cheaper and the ride will be slightly softer.

Reactions: Aellinsar
A couple few things about center caps:
  • The ones from the wheels aren't always the same size, I think it's down to the bore. The Tesla ones I bought are smaller.
  • You can't chance the center cap one the wheel is on.

You're right! Just re-read the wheel thread on model3ownersclub.com and "Mad Hungarian" from Fast Wheels did confirm the Tesla centre caps won't fit on the FC04 wheels.

Make your own center caps ― Online shop 3D wheel center caps

These guys make Tesla center cap covers

Tesla_Gray_Black.jpg

Material properties
Our 3D Decals are made from polyurethane resin and high quality vinyl

• Thickness 2-3 mm
  • Resistance to mineral oils, greases, solvents, salt, water
  • UV-light resistance
  • For all weather conditions
  • Top quality that will NOT turn yellow in a few months.
  • Removable, will not damage the original factory paintwork
  • Temperature resistance: -30'C / +80'C
  • 8 Year outdoor quarantee
print_logo.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri
Make your own center caps ― Online shop 3D wheel center caps

These guys make Tesla center cap covers

View attachment 298602

Material properties
Our 3D Decals are made from polyurethane resin and high quality vinyl

• Thickness 2-3 mm
  • Resistance to mineral oils, greases, solvents, salt, water
  • UV-light resistance
  • For all weather conditions
  • Top quality that will NOT turn yellow in a few months.
  • Removable, will not damage the original factory paintwork
  • Temperature resistance: -30'C / +80'C
  • 8 Year outdoor quarantee
print_logo.jpg
That looks cool!

Do we have to know the actual dimensions of the center cap? Also.. can the match the Titanium silver FC04?? Maybe a black Tesla T logo?