Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheels with squared setup with Dual motors?

rotaz

Aug 2, 2015
San Mateo
I'm debating on going square setup on my recently purchased 85D so I can rotate my tires.

Anyone know what's the most aggressive setup I can run wheel width and offset front and rear with rubbing?

Battman

Sep 7, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The limiting factor is the front. I have read in many posts by different people that 255 wide tires on 9" wheels will rub slightly when turning in reverse. Btw, those examples are for 20" wheels, with 9" 35mm offset.

linkster

Apr 22, 2013
USAX2
The limiting factor is the front. I have read in many posts by different people that 255 wide tires on 9" wheels will rub slightly when turning in reverse. Btw, those examples are for 20" wheels, with 9" 35mm offset.

Agree.

Tsportline has stated that they will soon be offering their very popular, high quality 19" turbines in a 20 X 9" ET 35 version.

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
So going with 20x9 et 35 front and rear what max tire size should I run?

Based on the referenced thread below, you can run at least a 245/40-20 tire.
You can try out different options with an online configurator: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Wheels Installed
Front: 20x9 ET28
Rear: 20x10.5 ET28

Tires Installed
Front: 245/40-20
Rear: 275/35-20

offset.PNG

Last edited:

Zybane

Oct 22, 2015
Washington D.C.
I just did a ton of research and ordered custom forged Vossen wheels for my 90D. 21 X 8.5 all four. +35 mm off set. Continental SportContact 5 tires with ContiSilent foam inside for reduced noise. 245/35R21 all four. 8.5 inch wide wheels for a little more wheel lip protection from the tire. Although my wheels are directional, I'll still be able to rotate front to rear.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC