TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aftermarket wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by steilkurve, Aug 3, 2018.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Hi. Awaiting delivery of a M3P with the P upgrade package. Don’t want silver wheels. I’m debating keeping the OEM wheels and having them powder coated black, or buying aftermarket wheels like Tsportline’s 20” staggered turbines. The OEMs could then be the wheels I mount my winter tires on (this is my second cars, heavy snow driving will be in the X so I can live with the larger wheel even in winter). What should I know or do putting the staggered wheels on the 3? Will they work or will modification be required to rear suspension or else? Any advice appreciated.

2. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@steilkurve,

Well....the 20’s that you’ve specced have/require the rear modded upper forelinks to help with camber if you’ll look at the Tesla sight for the 20” Sports which lowers the suspension bu 1cm or .39”. Hope this helps.

Ski

3. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I'd just get them powdercoated. Get an aftermarket set of 19s for winter. 20" winter tires will be super expensive.

4. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Thanks for the replies but just to be clear, Tsportline staggered wheels would work without additional modifications?

5. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Correct