Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wiper blade for Model X (2019)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what wiper blades I could use except going to SC.

The wiper blades have very loud noise. Even after SC replaced twice (they charged me $70- $80 each time) in 2019 and 2020, the blades start making loud noises quickly after several weeks (or even shorter).

I am tired of this, and want to try different brands other than the OEM ones. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the blades are a special design that incorporates the washer. Originally from Mercedes, I believe... Magic Vision, maybe? I think Bosch makes a compatible blade. I can't say for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Tesla blades were one and the same.

Related query -- is your windshield treated with RainX, by chance? I've seen reports that RainX will cause the chattering. Not sure of the technical details why.

that video is interesting but i don't think it'll help everyone
most often wipers start 'skipping' cause they sit at the bottom most of the time n that folds the rubber one way over time

see this thread, i posted a link for amazon re-fills that work n someone else posted complete aftermarket wipers

Do you have any instruction or video about how to remove and install the refill? Thanks!
Sorry for the slow response. Check out this post.

I replaced the wiper blades successfully. I also used a flathead screw driver and carefully removed end cap of the wiper. The end cap is plastic. The blade refills linked to Amazon earlier in this thread fit well. The refill can slide out and in once the end cap is removed. The end cap also serves as the plugs to the windshield fluid channels on both side of the wiper. I chose the lower end and though it would be worse if I broke it the upper end. It is not difficult.