Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for asking. Just waiting to get picked apart for no pictures. The rush to finish was for the Xpel appointment early the next day. She's in lock-up at the moment putting on her evening gown, if you will. Reveal end of next week.

Since this thread is about X'cessories, I want to give my support for this AbstractOcean screen protector on Amazon. I am really happy with
  1. Size: edge to edge
  2. Application
  3. Price
  4. End result

I confess I ordered and tried another $$ brand (pm if you want to know which one to avoid) and it cracked upon repositioning for fit. Appropriately, I left them a review.

In summary, I am completely pleased with the AbstractOcean screen protector. After it was installed, I could not recognize it was on. For me impact protection was the most important factor.

I'm curious why you feel the need for a screen protector? I'm not passing judgement on the purchase, I'm genuinely curious. In the three years of owning my Model S I never once felt concerned about something impacting/scratching my screen. Is there a use case beyond "freak incident" that you're trying to avoid?

Totally agree about AbstractOcean in general. I've bought a number of accessories from them with great results. Love their FOB Holders!

I'm curious why you feel the need for a screen protector? I'm not passing judgement on the purchase, I'm genuinely curious. In the three years of owning my Model S I never once felt concerned about something impacting/scratching my screen. Is there a use case beyond "freak incident" that you're trying to avoid?

Totally agree about AbstractOcean in general. I've bought a number of accessories from them with great results. Love their FOB Holders!

Good to hear the reliability info from your experience.

Yes, the X is hauling long items, that could shift forward in a sudden stop. Let's see >$4k for a screen replacement, $20 ish for piece of mind. Hmm.

Photos of the Wheel Bands Installed. Waited for a sunny day to post photos. Here is the result.

Prep takes awhile --- set aside about 2 hrs. See my earlier post for a breakdown.

Side View -- sorry about the dirty wheels, X is just too fun to drive.
Top View
Hardest part -- the seam. Because of the premolded curvature, the seam is quite hard to perfect. Not a knock on the product, mind you. The premolded curve assists GREATLY in assembly. By the time I got to wheel 4, I had a near perfect seam. But from viewing distance, it is very acceptable.

Hope others benefit from these pics.

• Helpful
Reactions: ModelX