Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 3 and a refreshed S. I can't tell you how happy I am every time I get back in the 3 and have a real steering wheel and stalks.

I would dump the yoke in a second if I there was a factory supported solution for getting the stalks back. The yoke is bad enough but the loss of the stalks drives me crazy every day. Imagine if you had to go to the main screen every time you wanted to change from forward, park or reverse. Now slide your finger down or up, far enough each time in just the right spot to engage the gears. Now compare that to a quick tap on the stalk up or down to change gears.

Yeah, I often do a R-D-R-D-<repeat> when I'm parking, and often by touch when I'm shimmying into the garage (I back in, and try to get tight on the right, but without running into bikes ...)

I hadn't really considered the missing stalks as much as the yoke itself, but that sounds pretty tedious.

Love our current '21 M3P, but the idea of a replacement in a couple of years without stalks, with a yoke, isn't very compelling. I'm hoping this gets filed as a failed experiment and there's at least an option. Heck, even Apple (who I often compare with Tesla) walked back things like MagSafe and the Touchbar on their most recent Macbooks.

If not, I'll vote with my wallet :)

I'm a sucker for the yoke look, and I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for my model 3 relatively soon. I know abstract ocean has their yoke which seems to be good quality and supposedly made from original tesla steering wheels.

On the other hand, Hansshow has a MUCH wider variety of shapes and colors, and I actually really like the look of the "ellipses" shape more than the boxier one that abstract ocean sells. The Hansshow one is also $300-400 cheaper depending on where you buy it (amazon had it on sale last I checked). They both have overwhelmingly positive reviews and the installation seems identical.

It seems like Hansshow yoke is the clear winner based on price/look/etc...but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything obvious here. Does anyone have any experience with the two or know something that I maybe don't?

I'm a sucker for the yoke look, and I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for my model 3 relatively soon. I know abstract ocean has their yoke which seems to be good quality and supposedly made from original tesla steering wheels.

On the other hand, Hansshow has a MUCH wider variety of shapes and colors, and I actually really like the look of the "ellipses" shape more than the boxier one that abstract ocean sells. The Hansshow one is also $300-400 cheaper depending on where you buy it (amazon had it on sale last I checked). They both have overwhelmingly positive reviews and the installation seems identical.

It seems like Hansshow yoke is the clear winner based on price/look/etc...but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything obvious here. Does anyone have any experience with the two or know something that I maybe don't?
I don't have a yoke but did purchase a custom wheel from Hansshow. The only things I will add is that they are extremely customizable. I went back and forth through email with someone from Hansshow, making sure I got the wheel exactly as I wanted. Custom service is top notch. And it only took a couple of weeks to arrive.

As for the reviews...well, they emailed me and told me if I gave a 5 star review they'd refund me $50. I'd already planned on giving them 5 stars so that was an easy choice for me. But beware, some of their reviews may not be totally accurate.

• Informative
Reactions: Shadnic
I've seen pictures of Ellipse, Trapezoid, and Inverted Trapezoid Yoke steering wheel, which do you think would be the most preferred?

I think I would pick ellipse style.

1668813881728.png

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
I've seen pictures of Ellipse, Trapezoid, and Inverted Trapezoid Yoke steering wheel, which do you think would be the most preferred?

I think I would pick ellipse style.

View attachment 876031

Thanks,
Peter
I originally created a brand new thread about choices for different styles of yoke steering wheels for Model 3 but I'm not happy with the way the moderator moved my original thread to this thread because I'm not asking about generic aftermarket steering wheels for Model 3 but I'm asking specifically about different styles of yoke steering wheels.

Anyway, please post your experience for different styles yoke steering wheels for Model 3 and give reports of both good and bad driving experiences (pros and cons). This is only about driving experiences, not about installation tutorials.

Thank you,
Peter

If anyone has $2,000 laying around with their income tax return I thought I would share a find I found looking to upgrade the S/X yoke.

If anyone has $2,000 laying around with their income tax return I thought I would share a find I found looking to upgrade the S/X yoke.

I don't understand what this gives you?

Reactions: afadeev

Nice, but I think I will wait until Tesla "actually" offers the yoke in the M3. Then I will get the Tesla yoke made for M3 retrofitted. I don't want void the electronics warranty. Tesla parts cost too much for me.

That M3 yoke you show for $2000 looks too wide for a M3 (My opinion)...

That site screams "scam" to me.

You obviously didn’t do any research then before jumping think they are a scam 🙄 they have an Amazon account, AliExpress, and eBay… their company is closed like most all other shops in China for the holidays till the beginning of next month.

Exactly - with a name like HerrFuks, you know you are in good hands that wont ... Fuk you.
Maximum trust and confidence in the company to provide the authentic Fuks experience!
eBay account has stellar 87.5% positive feedback.
1674491394760.png

Also, don't forget to use code "HerrFucks-30" to get OFF !
1674491112615.png