Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Age of Google Maps used by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In many areas to correctly establish the speed limit not only do you have to know which signs apply to you based on position/shape (Tesla haven't even got that bit right yet) but you have to be able to read to work out hours of operation or know that a specific speed limit only applies to lorries etc.

Nothing I've seen even in the betas they have shows that level of sophistication, let alone the crusty old version we have.

I hope Tesla will read these posts. I have currently two Google Maps open. One from my phone to see traffic alerts, better traffic line marking in red and various notifications including speed traps, accidents and etc. Although you can see the traffic line in red on the Tesla map, it is hard to read, while on the phone (Android Samsung 10) it is very clear. The Tesla map is very outdated and misses lot of great features. Why Tesla does not have the same Map that is on the phone? I could eliminate one distractions if I did not need the Google map on the phone for these important messages.

Reactions: Smileysam
When I view the vehicle location on the app (4.1.1-667) it displays View attachment 722835Maps in the bottom LH corner - is this because I use an iPhone & if so why? ....if the car itself uses Google Mapping. (& does the Android app show Google Maps?)
Yes, I’ve seen that too … Android phones using Google map satellite view and iPhone using Apple maps satellite view. Maybe it was easier just to go with Apple maps on the iPhone… it doesn’t really make much difference.

I drive using Nav but always have Wayz open on my phone. Wayz is 100% correct with speed limits. Nav is dangerously incorrect particularly in built up areas where many 20 zones/ no drive zones have been established. If you drive frequently in these areas it would be easy to pick up a ticket every day.