Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aggressive " Keep Hands on Wheel" Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm used to the normal, non-chime, K.H.O.W notification that prompts you every so often in Autopilot... But lately I've been getting what seem to be random K.H.O.W notifications with a loud chime and red warning icon. It's very similar to what would happen when Autopilot would previously lose track of the lane and notify with "Take Control Immediately". The only difference being the notification text and the fact that the lane is very well marked. It's almost like a random warning to ensure you're not dosing off.

Anyone have a similar experience? This never occurred until two updates ago. I currently have 16.2.1.

Lastly and unrelated, it seems like my Lane Departure warning is bugged. I have it set to "off", but I'm still receiving Lane Departure warnings. Very annoying for the slow lane change with no one around and no blinker!

I have the same experience, except it also happens when I'm actually holding the steering wheel. (and applying torque to it)

In my case, I think it's because I'm *always* pressing the accelerator pedal while on autopilot in city streets. It's kind of a necessity since it won't go any faster than the speed limit on its own and everyone else is going 15 mph above.

I have the same experience, except it also happens when I'm actually holding the steering wheel. (and applying torque to it)

In my case, I think it's because I'm *always* pressing the accelerator pedal while on autopilot in city streets. It's kind of a necessity since it won't go any faster than the speed limit on its own and everyone else is going 15 mph above.
Same here. Just got latest software yesterday, maybe that will fix it.

I

Possibly you already know, but the locked-to-speed-limit thing is a 'feature' of the "react to stoplights and stopsigns" optional feature.

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte

Good to know I'm not the only one with the issue! I have it pop up when I'm applying torque to the wheel as well, and even without the accelerator pressed. If I had to speculate I think it's a result of the FSD code that they're starting to implement.

I'm used to the normal, non-chime, K.H.O.W notification that prompts you every so often in Autopilot... But lately I've been getting what seem to be random K.H.O.W notifications with a loud chime and red warning icon. It's very similar to what would happen when Autopilot would previously lose track of the lane and notify with "Take Control Immediately". The only difference being the notification text and the fact that the lane is very well marked. It's almost like a random warning to ensure you're not dosing off.

Anyone have a similar experience? This never occurred until two updates ago. I currently have 16.2.1.

Lastly and unrelated, it seems like my Lane Departure warning is bugged. I have it set to "off", but I'm still receiving Lane Departure warnings. Very annoying for the slow lane change with no one around and no blinker!
Yes. Been happening since 2020.16. I can go the whole trip down the highway without getting the standard KHOW nag, but will get the BEEP-BEEP KHOW alert two or three times during the trip.