Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before everyone starts trying to share their octopus referral codes I already have octopus go!lol
But I know a number of people have been reporting that agile is working out cheaper for them.
Question is how do you automatically set it to charge on the cheapest options without having to manually adjust it every day?
Have a kaluza smart+ charger but use it in "dumb" mode as it's not that smart
Thanks

• Funny
Reactions: pow216
Before everyone starts trying to share their octopus referral codes I already have octopus go!lol
But I know a number of people have been reporting that agile is working out cheaper for them.
Question is how do you automatically set it to charge on the cheapest options without having to manually adjust it every day?
Thanks

I use an Ohme charger Ohme | Homepage | The Intelligent EV Charger

Reactions: *Adam
Thanks
Do you need a code? Do you sir, do you?

AFAIK unless you have a suitable smart charger then Agile is probably too much effort for many, certainly for me. I am generally quite anal, but I’d be on my phone all the time trying to save a copper or two...

I’m quite happy with GO, which is costing me about 1.5p per mile currently.

• Funny
Reactions: vitesse and davidmc
If you are an Octopus customer they have a deal where you can get an OHME cable for half price.
Link: Octopus Energy

Go vs Agile:
I did a lot of number crunching on Go vs Agile. Without changing any consumption patterns, Agile was 15% cheaper for my consumption profile than Octopus Go based on SE England Agile prices observed since Jan 2019. You do have exposure to risk that wholesale energy prices increase generally vs the predictable Go tariff, but even if they do you can switch without penalty with Octopus. If you can reduce peak profile - or go down the Powerwall route you can really start maximising savings.

The Agile peak period from 15:30-19:30 every day appears to be more than compensated by the lower average for the rest of the day.

upload_2020-3-6_15-30-3.png

Average Agile Price for South East England Jan 31 2019-Feb 4 2020 in 30min intervals

[First post, forgive any dumb errors]

Reactions: m3p_uk
The only problem with Octopus Agile is the smart meter it requires. I've been waiting since last summer for one, with 2 different suplliers as well. It's great for those of us with batteries.. Just use the batteries between 1600 and 1930.

What options can you choose when setting it up?
Also as it uses a simcard for the data rather than WiFi how much is the subscription cost after the free period ends?

I set my OHME cable up today. Very straightforward. Plug it in, download app, scan QR code on the back of the cable. Register with OHME, enter your Tesla login details (so the API can trigger a charge I guess), choose your tariff - Agile Octopus is one of the choices.

In the app you can then set your preferred charge schedules and maximum KWh price you want to charge at.

Reactions: m3p_uk
I set my OHME cable up today. Very straightforward. Plug it in, download app, scan QR code on the back of the cable. Register with OHME, enter your Tesla login details (so the API can trigger a charge I guess), choose your tariff - Agile Octopus is one of the choices.

In the app you can then set your preferred charge schedules and maximum KWh price you want to charge at.

Does it then work out itself what the cheapest charge would work out to be by a set time say 7am the next day?