Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Agree" button for rating posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When another owner or member has made an accurate statement, I would to be able to "Agree" as it's not always a Like / Love / Helpful thing.

And I have a feeling more people will "Agree" with posts, and adopt the rating system, which could then be leveraged to create custom pages, feeds, etc.

I've been studying EQ and am trying to expand my vocabulary of feeling words :) Just sayin'. Thoughts ?

I said this in this thread: New Forum Design

I find the "Like" and "Dislike" buttons to be immature and childish, as if this forum is devoted to 15 year old girls. It seems to me that when people are disliking what others are saying, really they are just disagreeing but not disliking at all. And when they are liking, they are agreeing with the comment.

Why do we need the "dislike" button which is in essence a derogatory comment deserving of the snippiness thread? I can disagree with someone's comment without disliking it. In fact, disagreeing can be likable - a good debate is at the heart of moving things forward in a positive manner.

And I don't need to "like" a comment to agree with it. I don't "like" the fact that AP has flaws for instance, but I like the fact that someone has pointed one out, so I must like it. I guess we're being forced to be be dumbed down by Facebook terminology and attitudes, which I find sad. I wish this forum was better than that.

Then one of my kids told me there is no "Dislike" button on Facebook (I barely use it) and said we're worse than Facebook... yikes!

Reactions: GoTslaGo and Lex
When another owner or member has made an accurate statement, I would to be able to "Agree" as it's not always a Like / Love / Helpful thing.

And I have a feeling more people will "Agree" with posts, and adopt the rating system, which could then be leveraged to create custom pages, feeds, etc.

I've been studying EQ and am trying to expand my vocabulary of feeling words :) Just sayin'. Thoughts ?
I hit "Like" for this, but actually mean "agree". FWIW, I've thought we should also have "disagree" and "WTF?"

• Informative
Reactions: AndreN and Lex
Yes it might be 50 or 100 posts. We've all been there ;) On the old forum these did not exist but I recall other limitations (not being able to edit bio ?) until I hit the number.

I see most of us agree, and I have given this topic more thought -- I'd be perfectly happy seeing "Helpful" renamed to "I agree" as I seem to be one of the only people using it, and every time I have, it is primarily because, well, I agree :D I have a feeling it will get a lot more love.

I'd like to see a "snippy" button instead of the offender being whisked-away to the principal's office (snippy thread). Yank it completely if vile & offensive but otherwise, let people duke things out and resolve differences among themselves. Censorship is not American.

Reactions: TaoJones
I'd like to see a "snippy" button instead of the offender being whisked-away to the principal's office (snippy thread). Yank it completely if vile & offensive but otherwise, let people duke things out and resolve differences among themselves. Censorship is not American.

Oh, but it's such a nice guilty pleasure to see those new snippy posts... Since I "watch" the snippiness thread ;)

HAHA.....all in one neat little place! But you loose the juicy context as individual snippets, no? Still, it does seem grandma-like to be protected from the tribal consequences of your words.

Yes, the loss of context is often problematic, but since a bunch of related threads are usually pulled en masse, it makes for pretty enjoyable reading. It's the individual pulled thread that is confusing. As for grandma-like, I'll leave that to the forum owners to decide. Meanwhile, back to my guilty pleasures... Some new ones showed up earlier...:D

• Funny
Reactions: NikeWings
I too am in favor of the current method of dealing with snippiness, as there is there is a Signal-to-Noise problem here already as there are high volumes of posts and it can be difficult to stay on-topic (it's just a coincidence here, since we are actually talking about the board so it was bound to happen hehe ;)

Actually I feel the Snippiness treatment sets a tone for members, eg. to check their attitudes at the door. This sort of forum always works better especially over time if it stays mostly fact-based in the specific vehicle areas, but since we're humans the human chatter is bound to break out sometimes too.

Chatter is already enough of a S/N problem when you're looking for data in a 187 page and growing thread, and the snippy back-and-forth stuff is just a waste of everybody's time as it rarely contains any signal.

This is still an issue for me. "Like" is simply not equivalent to "Agree".

The bottom line is that "Like" is an emotion and does not necessarily suggest you've had the exact same experience like "Agree" does.

And since this is a club forum about an advanced device, I would say this should lean us towards science, not emotion. And the people who really want to show emotion will probably post instead of using the social element, anyway.

What say you Tesla Motors Club ? Can we get an "Agree" button ?

Reactions: Off Shore