Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agressive Tesla Drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess anyone can buy a car. I just wonder what it is going to look like for non-Tesla owners as more cars get sold, being Tesla doesn't advertise and is mostly spread by word of mouth and people's impressions of seeing the cars on the road.

I have been an owner since 2014 and weirdly in the last couple of days I have all of a sudden started seeing multiple aggressive Tesla drivers. Maybe this is more common somewhere in California where there are that many more Teslas. Just yesterday I saw two separate incidences one where a Model S did everything, but drive on the shoulder trying to get around traffic, and the second where I was tailgated by another P3D. I uploaded the video of the second instance, and to me felt way worse than the video looks like. I had another P3D the exact same color as my wife's (MSM/White); no it wasn't her, tailgating really closely behind me in moderately heavy traffic, when traffic on the right got off on an exit it felt like he floored it and it felt way worse than it looks like to me on the video, just missed my right rear quarter panel only to go and start tailgating other cars, all the while almost causing an accident with a truck who was trying to get out of his way.

Not sure what my point is beyond the catharsis hearing everyone else perspective and experience about this.

Reactions: DanCar
I guess anyone can buy a car. I just wonder what it is going to look like for non-Tesla owners as more cars get sold, being Tesla doesn't advertise and is mostly spread by word of mouth and people's impressions of seeing the cars on the road.

I have been an owner since 2014 and weirdly in the last couple of days I have all of a sudden started seeing multiple aggressive Tesla drivers. Maybe this is more common somewhere in California where there are that many more Teslas. Just yesterday I saw two separate incidences one where a Model S did everything, but drive on the shoulder trying to get around traffic, and the second where I was tailgated by another P3D. I uploaded the video of the second instance, and to me felt way worse than the video looks like. I had another P3D the exact same color as my wife's (MSM/White); no it wasn't her, tailgating really closely behind me in moderately heavy traffic, when traffic on the right got off on an exit it felt like he floored it and it felt way worse than it looks like to me on the video, just missed my right rear quarter panel only to go and start tailgating other cars, all the while almost causing an accident with a truck who was trying to get out of his way.

Not sure what my point is beyond the catharsis hearing everyone else perspective and experience about this.

Your aggressive driver concern is his inconsiderate & selfish driver concern.

An A$$hat is an A$$hat. No matter what kind of car they are driving. You can't fix stupid, it can only be cured and the cure is quite permanent.

One can only hope they don't take anyone out with them when they eventually get the cure...
Agreed - those idiots who drive too slow in the passing lane are responsible for a disproportionate amount of accidents because everybody has to adjust for them. The research and statistics are real. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. There's a reason EVERY drivers' handbook in America says this.

Oh, slow drivers, just to confirm - You AREN'T the policemen of the road.

Just to be clear: OP, get out of the fast lane, drive safely, and 'be your own policeman'

OP was passing until the car on his right took the exit ramp, at which point the Model 3 behind him zoomed around before anyone really had a chance to move over. The truck in front tried to move over, but the impatient Model 3 beat everyone to the punch.

So yes, I absolutely agree with and diligently practice KEEP RIGHT, PASS LEFT, but a modicum of patience is expected.

California seems to have stopped putting "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs on our freeways. Seems that drivers either don't read the signs or think that they mean traffic that is slower than them. The truck in front of you may have been oblivious to this common courtesy.

It's also kind of fun to jab the go pedal every once in a while. :)
Sorry, the ocean isn't going to part for you. The freeways are full, you can see this at the 10 second mark. All lanes are slow.

Last edited:
With a mid range price point, instant torque, and tight handling, the Model 3 is a car that responds well to aggressive driving.

Just like the BMW 3 series it was designed to take customers from. I can't say it's surprising that some of the customers it took were the aggressive ones. At least they'll make everyone safer in an accident...

Here's the $1,000,000 dollar question - What goes through the broken heads of the people driving too slow in the fast lane? When someone is the slow car in the fast lane and there's 10 miles of traffic backed up behind him or her, just how stupid do they have to be to not move over? Is getting passed by 20 cars in the right lane not sufficient enough for our mentally-challenged friends to figure out that they are doing something wrong? How about the horns, flashing lights and fully-extended middle fingers? We are talking Jedi-level morons.

Or you're just an ahole. I've dealt with a few of them before and they won't be doing that again.

Reactions: Don TLR