TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Agressive Tesla Drivers

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Firewired, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Firewired

Firewired Member

I guess anyone can buy a car. I just wonder what it is going to look like for non-Tesla owners as more cars get sold, being Tesla doesn't advertise and is mostly spread by word of mouth and people's impressions of seeing the cars on the road.

I have been an owner since 2014 and weirdly in the last couple of days I have all of a sudden started seeing multiple aggressive Tesla drivers. Maybe this is more common somewhere in California where there are that many more Teslas. Just yesterday I saw two separate incidences one where a Model S did everything, but drive on the shoulder trying to get around traffic, and the second where I was tailgated by another P3D. I uploaded the video of the second instance, and to me felt way worse than the video looks like. I had another P3D the exact same color as my wife's (MSM/White); no it wasn't her, tailgating really closely behind me in moderately heavy traffic, when traffic on the right got off on an exit it felt like he floored it and it felt way worse than it looks like to me on the video, just missed my right rear quarter panel only to go and start tailgating other cars, all the while almost causing an accident with a truck who was trying to get out of his way.

Not sure what my point is beyond the catharsis hearing everyone else perspective and experience about this.

• Like x 1
  2. Haxster

Haxster Member

#2 Haxster, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    California seems to have stopped putting "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs on our freeways. Seems that drivers either don't read the signs or think that they mean traffic that is slower than them. The truck in front of you may have been oblivious to this common courtesy.

It's also kind of fun to jab the go pedal every once in a while. :)

• Love x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Triplett

Triplett Banned

I think you need to quit your whining and get your slow [email protected]@ out of the fast lane.

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.

I didn't make that up.

• Like x 12
    • Disagree x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. Triplett

Triplett Banned

We call it a "passing lane" for a reason.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 2
  5. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Interesting. I’ve become a much less aggressive driver. Just set autopilot to flow of traffic and stay in the middle lane enjoying the music and scenery. But I still floor it on occasion at traffic lights or to get out of uncomfortable situations.

• Like x 6
  6. Stroble

Stroble Member

Maybe nature was calling

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

You should see more aggressive Model 3 owners for two reasons:
    1) there are more Model 3 owners.
    2) Mad Max mode

8. Triplett

Triplett Banned

"Mad Max" is still more like "Impotent Pete"

• Funny x 4
  9. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

An A$$hat is an A$$hat. No matter what kind of car they are driving. You can't fix stupid, it can only be cured and the cure is quite permanent.

One can only hope they don't take anyone out with them when they eventually get the cure...

• Like x 1
  10. Buggle

Buggle Member

Your aggressive driver concern is his inconsiderate & selfish driver concern.

• Like x 3
  11. Triplett

Triplett Banned

Agreed - those idiots who drive too slow in the passing lane are responsible for a disproportionate amount of accidents because everybody has to adjust for them. The research and statistics are real. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. There's a reason EVERY drivers' handbook in America says this.

Oh, slow drivers, just to confirm - You AREN'T the policemen of the road.

• Like x 10
  12. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

“Keep right except for passing”.
    Learn it, live it.

The Model 3 attracts drivers from all makes, including former BMW and Audi... /s. :)

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  13. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

Just to be clear: OP, get out of the fast lane, drive safely, and 'be your own policeman'

• Like x 3
  14. Big Earl

Big Earl bnkwupt

OP was passing until the car on his right took the exit ramp, at which point the Model 3 behind him zoomed around before anyone really had a chance to move over. The truck in front tried to move over, but the impatient Model 3 beat everyone to the punch.

So yes, I absolutely agree with and diligently practice KEEP RIGHT, PASS LEFT, but a modicum of patience is expected.

• Like x 2
  15. DanCar

DanCar Active Member

#15 DanCar, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Sorry, the ocean isn't going to part for you. The freeways are full, you can see this at the 10 second mark. All lanes are slow.

16. Triplett

Triplett Banned

DanCar disagreed. Guess what, Pal, it IS called the "passing lane."

17. Haxster

Haxster Member

I wonder how long many California drivers would survive driving on the German Autobahn ...

"What's with all of those flashing lights, honking, and obscene hand gestures?
    And those German speed demons?
    And why would anyone want to go faster than 65 in the safer left lane and speed through the nice scenery?"

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

With a mid range price point, instant torque, and tight handling, the Model 3 is a car that responds well to aggressive driving.

Just like the BMW 3 series it was designed to take customers from. I can't say it's surprising that some of the customers it took were the aggressive ones. At least they'll make everyone safer in an accident...

19. Triplett

Triplett Banned

Here's the $1,000,000 dollar question - What goes through the broken heads of the people driving too slow in the fast lane? When someone is the slow car in the fast lane and there's 10 miles of traffic backed up behind him or her, just how stupid do they have to be to not move over? Is getting passed by 20 cars in the right lane not sufficient enough for our mentally-challenged friends to figure out that they are doing something wrong? How about the horns, flashing lights and fully-extended middle fingers? We are talking Jedi-level morons.

Or you're just an ahole. I've dealt with a few of them before and they won't be doing that again.

• Like x 1
  20. P3D+

P3D+ Member

#20 P3D+, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    And why is it that when said driver clogging the left lane for miles sees a police approaching in the rear view, a blinker miraculously activates and as to avoid guilt this driver vacates the left lane and allows cars to pass?

• Like x 2