Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ahh Tesla Service...Well, it’s come to this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 2020 MS performance has still not had autopilot fixed, and the additional issues I’ve had, per the SC, are all “within specs”, including a large exposed metal bracket in my trunk that clearly should be covered by the trunk lining- it’s pure cosmetics but on principle a 100k car should arrive without problems. I know I’m preaching to the choir. My appointment has been rescheduled a 3rd time. I know we are in a Pandemic- I’m a health care professional- and that has impacted service schedules. However, a true inspection would have caught the problems before I took delivery. I have reached out to the SC countless times by text, and my girlfriend has even gone in personally 3 times to try and get somewhere, to no avail. My work schedule consists of 16-18 hr days 6-7 days a week and makes it even harder to make any progress. I am planning to file. From what I can tell I will be one of a myriad of law suits against Tesla. As soon as this car is fixed I am selling it and moving on. Once I do, I will be going off TMC. Thanks to everyone for answering the questions I’ve had, and it’s been awesome reading the many informative and helpful posts. Stay safe and a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I have had the same response "all within spec" The service after delivery and Tesla willingness to fix issues even after they said they would has been horrible. I also recently purchased a 2020 model s performance and the white paint has different colored body panels. During delivery I was told to email all the pictures to Chicago-grand email and they would be fixed. Guess what no response until day 6 of my 7 day return period (now they don't even offer the return period). But on day 6 a manager texted me what will be fixed if i don't return the car. Now Chicago Elston Grand has been "escalating" the issues since they now need approval? But yes everything I had was "all within spec" whatever that means. Overall the car is fun to drive, but manufacturing issues and lack of "service" seem to be the downfall to making a 100k car purchase what it should be.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I've come to the conclusion that a Tesla is a high tech car with poor quality and service. You're paying for the tech and performance (what other car can do 0-60 in 2.3s for ~100K?). If you want higher quality and service, pay 2x and get a Taycan Turbo S.

Believe me when I say I get your point. Where we disagree, is whether it’s ok to have ubiquitous production defects and apathetic service on a car that costs over 100k, no matter what the price comparison to other brands may be. Perhaps this price point is a discount for some, but it still can’t justify discount service and hack job production QA. Agree to disagree. As far as Lucid and Porsche goes, I suspect the moment their charging networks expand sufficiently, many Tesla owners will do exactly as you suggest.

My new 2020 MS performance has still not had autopilot fixed, and the additional issues I’ve had, per the SC, are all “within specs”, including a large exposed metal bracket in my trunk that clearly should be covered by the trunk lining- it’s pure cosmetics but on principle a 100k car should arrive without problems. I know I’m preaching to the choir. My appointment has been rescheduled a 3rd time. I know we are in a Pandemic- I’m a health care professional- and that has impacted service schedules. However, a true inspection would have caught the problems before I took delivery. I have reached out to the SC countless times by text, and my girlfriend has even gone in personally 3 times to try and get somewhere, to no avail. My work schedule consists of 16-18 hr days 6-7 days a week and makes it even harder to make any progress. I am planning to file. From what I can tell I will be one of a myriad of law suits against Tesla. As soon as this car is fixed I am selling it and moving on. Once I do, I will be going off TMC. Thanks to everyone for answering the questions I’ve had, and it’s been awesome reading the many informative and helpful posts. Stay safe and a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Law suits are a pain, mainly benefit the lawyers.

May I suggest you try a different SeC, one not busy, far from town?

Missing parts should be visible on the EPC.

Thanks for your service in this pandemic...