Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ahhh - Door tent 7 days from trade in - What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry should say Dent not Tent - but I don't seam to be able to edit the title!

Parked the car at an electric charger in Brighton, came back and found someone has dented the passenger door! Must of been a hard wack from another cars door. Really frustrating on two fronts;
1. The car offered me a software upgrade so I left it to upgrade (which meant sentry mode was off), so no recording of the event.
2. Car is supposed to be traded in for a model Y on Saturday so no real time to repair.

It has left a dent on the crease line and chipped off the paint. According to Telsa fair wear and tear;

Scratches and ScuffsScratches that do not break the paint that can be buffed out during vehicle reconditioning, or scratches that break the paint that are less than 10cm in length (maximum of three per panel)

Dents and DingsDents and dings that do not break the paint that are less than 5cm in diameter (maximum of two per panel)

So as it is a dent (<5cm) but DOES break the paint, does that mean I will get charged? Anyone any experience of what they are likely to knock off the value for this?

Attachments

• tesladent2.jpg
    tesladent2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 204
  • tesladent1.jpg
    tesladent1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 147
That's a shame - its quite a large dent - shame on the owner of car next to you for basically hitting and running and not leaving so much as a note.

Depends on how much Tesla will deduct from the Trade in value vs the cost of a smart repair. You could take it to somewhere like Paint chip / Chips away and pick it up later in the day...

Last edited:
Sorry should say Dent not Tent - but I don't seam to be able to edit the title!

Parked the car at an electric charger in Brighton, came back and found someone has dented the passenger door! Must of been a hard wack from another cars door. Really frustrating on two fronts;
1. The car offered me a software upgrade so I left it to upgrade (which meant sentry mode was off), so no recording of the event.
2. Car is supposed to be traded in for a model Y on Saturday so no real time to repair.

It has left a dent on the crease line and chipped off the paint. According to Telsa fair wear and tear;

Scratches and ScuffsScratches that do not break the paint that can be buffed out during vehicle reconditioning, or scratches that break the paint that are less than 10cm in length (maximum of three per panel)

Dents and DingsDents and dings that do not break the paint that are less than 5cm in diameter (maximum of two per panel)

So as it is a dent (<5cm) but DOES break the paint, does that mean I will get charged? Anyone any experience of what they are likely to knock off the value for this?
Touch up paint. Normal wear and tear. Shouldn’t matter.