Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aiight, how much iz dis 'ish gonna cost a brotha?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
car is not even 3 months old and 2K miles on the clock.

Was on the 5 today and a car in front of me ran over some debris in the road - looked like a piece of rubber from a truck tire but not sure - and NO my lame ass didnt save the dag-gone clip :rolleyes:.

anyway, it's a cute li'l crack on the front bumper just left of center (if facing the car). 4-5 inches long maybe - i didn't measure. it even opened up the port cover for the 12V pigtail. the crack goes up diagonally and it flew over the hood..

i've got tesla insurance and ive the non collision coverage - $500 dollar deductible.

i put in a service appointment to start the process, and to see what they say buuuttt....

i got questions as im slightly ignorant :confused:

this should be something that's covered under this coverage yeah? if so and i file a claim, would this potentially increase the premium when its renewed ?

if I DO go through insurance, will this show up as a car accident or something similar on the carfax report in the future? or does the claim have to be a certain dollar amount to be added to the car history?

how much does this bumper cost to replace if one were to NOT go through tesla insurance? like whats total cost with a new bumper and labor to install?

thanks all in advance for your commentary.

20200619_150800.jpg
20200619_170126.jpg
20200619_170132.jpg

so to circle back in case someone is looking to get their bumper cover replaced,

the bumper cover came last week (nearly a full month from order to delivered to the SC) to the shop and I had it installed this past monday. took them less than a couple hours.

- i asked if a ranger would come to me and tesla said they no longer do bumper cover replacements in the field.
- i had the pws speaker disconnected and actually bought a kit to snap onto the bare end of the wire and the female port on the speaker (10 bucks). the shop , when they replaced the bumper cover, removed these parts and did not return them so i had to order a new set :rolleyes: . that's not a big deal and its not something im gonna flex about to the SC since its a mandatory thing (The pws speaker) and they have to keep the car legal, but dag homeboy could have left me the parts..:p

anyway the cost was $1,167 (labor incl) and change. i paid out of pocket. Im as happy as a pig in slop.