TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ain't No Party Like A Tesla Party....

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dsm363, Sep 30, 2012.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#1 dsm363, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    For those lucky enough to already have their Model S or about to get one, consider throwing a delivery party (maybe after you've had your car for awhile and had time to learn more about it and enjoy it some). Cattledog and his family threw and awesome party for my car while they wait patiently for their car and everyone had an amazing time. We had wine glasses with small adhesive Tesla logos on them which was a nice touch and great food as well. A few people were invited and I gave rides to everyone and even let the 2 people who seemed the most serious about buying one drive. They were blown away and one was ready to reserve that night but decided to go home and think about it for a few min. I'm pretty sure we got one reservation and maybe two of out it. Great event and great way to introduce people to Tesla who normally wouldn't go out of their way to a Get Amped type event or drive 200 miles to a Tesla Store for a test drive. Had a great time.

If you are throwing a delivery party, post pictures and anything you did to make it a success and maybe secure a reservation from someone at the party.

IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0987.jpg IMG_0990.jpg

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

3. dsm363

Just posted a few pictures. Taken with an iPhone so not great quality but everyone had a great time. You can see there were a few spirited test drives.

4. Tommy

Tommy Member

That's a great friend you have there in Cattledog. Very nice touch with the Logo's, a first class party for a first class car. Now, can we figure out how to get the ice cubes to be shaped like a Tesla "T", that would really wow guests. :wink:

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Looking forward to an exquisite write-up on the party by Cattledog, our resident amateur auto journalist!

Glad you had fun, Dave!

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#6 vfx, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  7. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

Wow! Looked like fun! That is a shame I couldn't make it, couldn't squeeze out of work. Jealous of those who got a ride, but there will be plenty of time for that... especially with the Austin store coming. :)

8. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Nice! Several of us planning on doing that here, as well... But add frosty beer glasses (with the logo) to the mix too. ;)

9. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

Parties like this can help bring awareness to the brand, at least a small bit. Those on the edge that heard about Tesla would decide after a local test drive, or those who haven't heard will be turned onto the idea. I mean I became an enthusiast just by seeing the "Who Kill The Electric Car" movie. And that was before I was concerned about global warming.

Good idea all around. I can't wait for a few cities to have pictures of multiple Model S's, side by side.

10. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Is this the comtemporary equivalent of a Tupperware party? A Tesla party where folks get to experience the Model S and buy one - all while interacting with a happy owner. :smile:

11. dsm363

I asked them to mention my name if they reserved. Not because I get any money from it because maybe they'll send more schwag. Will work for schwag.

12. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

But unlike a Tupperware party, we don't get our 3 cents for selling a car. That's it! We need to turn Tesla Motors into a MLM company :)

13. dsm363

We did tell the guy that was almost certainly going to reserve one (we tried to get him to reserve it in the Model S on the 17" screen) that Cattledog and I each wanted our 3% (kind of like a realtor fee). Not sure that will happen.

14. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

LOL! OMG that would be awesome! I think there would be a rift in space-time if that happened, but I wonder if anyone has ever done that....

15. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

+1 dsm363

I am planning the same for my delivery later this month - a fair amount of friends & family are expected at the house.

Also, I was on the agenda to present at the monthly Mid-Atlantic CIO forum meeting, so my icebreaker before I got into my presentation was a Public Service Announcement (PSA) where I threw a snapshot of my Model S reservation up on screen...since it was a techie group, they loved it!!! I also have time allocated at the November meeting and promised to stay afterward for an hour to provide test drives.

Will work for schwag as well...

16. dsm363

All the thanks goes to Cattledog and his family for throwing a great party. The Tesla logos were great. We even had small tables next to the car with white gloves on them for effect.

We told him he'd probably be the first but that would be cool if someone did that.

17. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Where did you get the tesla logo stickers? I like the idea and may do something like this too.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

18. dsm363

I'll see if Cattledog can post exactly how they did it but I think it was printed at home. The ink would run if it got wet but they held up nicely. I like the Tesla ice-cube idea. Anyone have the expertise to make one of those with a 3D printer or something?

19. Zextraterrestrial

You can get sticker printer paper. Or PNP paper, but it is more for etching (that might be cool!) oh, and it's blue

20. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Was looking for a place to post this: