Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air bags work!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1,912 miles and 6 weeks into ownership.

Other driver ran a stop sign. Wasn't that bad, but all airbags went off. Exciting, but they do make it harder to get in and out. Fortunately remembered there was something I had to do for towing.

Body doesn't look that bad, but pretty sure this bit of metal didn't come pretorn:

upload_2018-12-15_11-15-2.jpeg

1,912 miles and 6 weeks into ownership.

Other driver ran a stop sign. Wasn't that bad, but all airbags went off. Exciting, but they do make it harder to get in and out. Fortunately remembered there was something I had to do for towing.

Body doesn't look that bad, but pretty sure this bit of metal didn't come pretorn:

View attachment 361179
I've found they work too... driver pulled out in front of me... choice was to T-bone her or take my chance with a tree... the tree won. I came out of it without a scratch.. thank you Tesla!
20180312_164008.jpg
20180312_164054.jpg

I've found they work too... driver pulled out in front of me... choice was to T-bone her or take my chance with a tree... the tree won. I came out of it without a scratch.. thank you Tesla!View attachment 361187 View attachment 361188

That'll buff riiiigggghht out :p:D

(sorry someone had to say it, lmao).

In all seriousness, its really comforting to see that damage, and see you type "I walked away without a scratch" . Glad you are ok. I am assuming that is a totaled car?

That'll buff riiiigggghht out :p:D

(sorry someone had to say it, lmao).

In all seriousness, its really comforting to see that damage, and see you type "I walked away without a scratch" . Glad you are ok. I am assuming that is a totaled car?
Lol, ya just a little much for the buffer...Yes indeed... totaled. Happened in Feb. this year. Funny thing is I never had Tesla remove it from my account so it still shows in my Tesla app...I figured it would be scrapped and that would be the last I would hear from it but a few weeks ago I got an alert that it was charging! I see it's now in a body shop in Chicago... Still shows the frunk open from the accident.. looks like it's getting a 2nd shot at life...

Reactions: suwaneedad
Funny thing is I never had Tesla remove it from my account so it still shows in my Tesla app...I figured it would be scrapped and that would be the last I would hear from it but a few weeks ago I got an alert that it was charging! I see it's now in a body shop in Chicago... Still shows the frunk open from the accident.. looks like it's getting a 2nd shot at life...

So, are you going to scare them by flashing the lights and honking the horn at them? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Dana1
So, are you going to scare them by flashing the lights and honking the horn at them? ;)
Lol, believe me the temptation is there! Maybe open the trunk... my kids suggested running the Christmas/holiday easter egg that plays the music and opens and closes the doors... too bad I can't do it remotely... Sooner or later I figure they'll get it switched over to their own account but for now it's fun to watch ;)