Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Circulation in the rear seats???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Menlo yesterday an 8-yr old kid sat in the back and closed the hatch. His head seemed pretty close to the glass when looking from the outside, but I couldn't tell how close really. He seemed comfortable enough, but I would cinch those belts down tight to make sure his head didn't hit the hatch when going over bumps. I guess air circulation shouldn't be a problem as there's a big opening to the main cabin and the volume of the rear hatch is quite large and deep. But if it's a very hot and sunny day will the A/C make it back there with enough volume? not sure

Personally, I can't imagine putting my child back there in a Florida summer. For me the UV's are as dangerous (if not more so) than any AC concerns.
Modern window tint blocks 99.9% of UV w/ an equivalent SPF of 1000. Not sure if the factory tint (if any) is at that level but it's common among aftermarket tint manufacturers so you could just get the windows tinted and you'd be GTG. Window tint & window tinting for your car or auto - 3M US