TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Air Compressor Hook up Question

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Thang55, May 28, 2018.

1. Thang55

Thang55 Member

image.jpg

I have a portable air compressor to inflate my tires when the tire pressure is low. How do I hook the cable ends (positive & negative) to Model 3? Thank you.

2. docherf

docherf Member

I wouldn't go through the hassle, but here's where it is if you want to access it.
    upload_2018-1-28_10-8-8.png

• Informative x 1
  3. Thang55

Thang55 Member

Thanks for the info.

4. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

Hey @Thang55, you may not want to spend more money on another solution, but I use a small, portable compressor like what Tesla sells that runs off the 12v outlet in the car to top off my tires. Works great and doesn't require getting to the battery.

Model S/X/3 Tire Repair Kit

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.39.6

I'd get rid of that and get one that has a 12v adapter. I got this one for less than $50 and it also has a 120v plug. It's digital and you can set it and forget it...so you don't need to sit there and watch for it to reach the desired air pressure.

6. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Member

I'm not a fan of the cigarette plug ones, but I use my portable in the back of my RzR too. The Cig adapter onestend to pop fuses if they are worth a damn, and if they don't then they are low amperage and take forever. The ones that can directly connect to the battery can usually air up tires rather quickly and tend to have lots of length on air hose.

I use this one for my portable.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ASY23I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any compressor is better than none if your trying to plug a tire :)