Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioned seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in California and it gets hot where I am. White seats are much cooler than black. Someday if they ever offer good ventilated seats (had them on my old X they were lacking) in the Y I will go back to black seats. I have S on order with “Ventilated Seats”… we will see.

Reactions: PSemes
No personal experience but Katzkin have both perforated leather seat replacement and heating/cooling unit options. I have seen their leather seat covers installed at various dealers and the quality is better than the typical OEM equivalent.

This product is my backup plan when the white Tesla seats start getting trashed but would need to price the cooling and see if it makes sense. It doesn't get hot often enough, that even with a fish bowl C-Max and black interior, I never found it intolerable without ventilated seats.

Last edited:

Added at least to manual. Schedule unknown.

This is from January, and has since been replaced a few times. Tesla has a tendency to "copy and paste" manuals from year to year, model to model, and vultures are quick to swoop in and "be the first" to report something new (rightfully so, cant blame them!) so quickly, Tesla doesnt even have time to delete their mistake.

Here is the link to the current manual, which has been updated to reflect the new screenshot, since about 2 hours after the link shared above was published. LOL. Even now, the manual is out of date as V11 is totally different than half the info.

We can only hope someday....

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 6.50.11 PM.png

Ok I got my new 2022 S the ventilated seats… terrible. For me in the heat I live in white is the way to go.

My experience with BMWs I owned with ventilated seats was the same - only slightly better than not having them at all.

However, at least the Ford trucks I've owned with air conditioned seats have been excellent, and I actually need to turn them down a bit sometimes because my back actually gets a bit chilly.

My experience with BMWs I owned with ventilated seats was the same - only slightly better than not having them at all.

However, at least the Ford trucks I've owned with air conditioned seats have been excellent, and I actually need to turn them down a bit sometimes because my back actually gets a bit chilly.

I had a Hyundai, 2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T to be precise and the ventilated seats worked so well. Its amazing how some do, and some dont.

I have personally found a huge difference in how ventilated vs. air conditioned seats operate. Ventilated seats that I've witnessed pull air through the perforated seat coverings and away from the driver/passenger. The air conditioned seats in my Ford truck, conversely, are fed by cold A/C air and blow it towards the driver through the seat cover perforations.

Reactions: G Man