Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Conditioner quit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model Y bought in June of 2020 and my air conditioner quit yesterday for the third time. First time June 2021 invoice says the replaced a pressure sensor. The in September of 2021 said they found refrigerant low but no leaks so they drained refrigerant and refilled. Now yesterday day in 101 degree temperature in Phoenix it just quit and I had to drive home for 3 hours without air. Anyone else have their air just quit or have to add refrigerant yearly?

I have a 2020 Model Y bought in June of 2020 and my air conditioner quit yesterday for the third time. First time June 2021 invoice says the replaced a pressure sensor. The in September of 2021 said they found refrigerant low but no leaks so they drained refrigerant and refilled. Now yesterday day in 101 degree temperature in Phoenix it just quit and I had to drive home for 3 hours without air. Anyone else have their air just quit or have to add refrigerant yearly?
Tesla Roadside Assistance may be able to retrieve some error codes. Tesla Roadside Assistance can advise if it is OK to drive the Tesla Model Y, else they can send a tow vehicle.

Tesla Roadside Assistance may be able to retrieve some error codes. Tesla Roadside Assistance can advise if it is OK to drive the Tesla Model Y, else they can send a tow vehicle.
Were they able to fix your problem? Mine intermittently goes out and Tesla service in Atlanta couldn’t find the issue. It starts working again the next day but it’s happened 4-5 times this spring.

Were they able to fix your problem? Mine intermittently goes out and Tesla service in Atlanta couldn’t find the issue. It starts working again the next day but it’s happened 4-5 times this spring.