TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Air conditioning failure & charging

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by qadaemon, Oct 2, 2017.

1. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Just providing information for others in the future: If your air conditioner starts to fail, get it fixed immediately. It significantly affects DC and AC charging.

Mine has been making a terrible racket for a few days, and the front AC was basically useless, but I was taking care of hurricane damage and other things. Other than letting service know, I let it slide. Saturday I drove to IL from FL, and somewhere about Atlanta the AC stopped working completely. Supercharging then maxed out at ~50KW and was more often 30KW or less, adding several hours to the trip. Worse, when I got home, neither charger worked (HPWC & UMC). I messed with it more several hours later, and if I use 120v @ 5A on the UMC it will charge for an hour or two before stopping and flashing red. Anything at 240v will stop after a minute or so.

I'm going to try and get enough charge in it this way to get to the local supercharger before Tesla picks it up, but I doubt I'll be able to, since they usually work it in to their schedule rather quickly.

• Informative x 1
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Sorry to see that happened. The air conditioner is critical because it cools the battery (through liquid cooling) and other internal components as well as the interior. I hope it's a quick fix for you.