Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I do have issues with the air conditioning, when I set it to automatic and a set point of 24 deg C (75), I’ll be fine for 20 – 30 minutes or more.

Then I get hot air and the temperature in the car goes to 25 in the app. It’s really not comfy.

I have to open the windows otherwise it’s a sauna.

Help please…

Reactions: beachmiles
Hello everyone,

I do have issues with the air conditioning, when I set it to automatic and a set point of 24 deg C (75), I’ll be fine for 20 – 30 minutes or more.

Then I get hot air and the temperature in the car goes to 25 in the app. It’s really not comfy.

Help please…

Do you get the lasted update?

• Disagree
Reactions: KMMM
Hello everyone,

Help please…
Try a reboot, that worked for me in Las Vegas where temps got to 115F

Fred

Hello everyone,

Help please…
It sounds like the Y has to moderate the cooling from the system AC the same way model 3 does. At least you get a heat pump where the has to use the PTC cabin heater. So to ensure you don't use the heater when all you really want to do is cool the car is to set the temp to LO and adjust the temp by turning down the fan speed or opening more vents. With the heat pump you prob don't need to worry about this as much as the 3.
People have been asking for a heater off button for years for all Tesla md with no success.

It sounds like the Y has to moderate the cooling from the system AC the same way model 3 does. At least you get a heat pump where the has to use the PTC cabin heater. So to ensure you don't use the heater when all you really want to do is cool the car is to set the temp to LO and adjust the temp by turning down the fan speed or opening more vents. With the heat pump you prob don't need to worry about this as much as the 3.
People have been asking for a heater off button for years for all Tesla md with no success.
Don’t set it to LO, the A/C will shut down after a few minutes at around 77 degrees and then starts to get warm again, set it to 61or 62, I found that with the low 60’s it will keep working.

Fred

Don’t set it to LO, the A/C will shut down after a few minutes at around 77 degrees and then starts to get warm again, set it to 61or 62, I found that with the low 60’s it will keep working.

Fred
Not sure about the MY but the M3 and every other Tesla constantly uses the cabin heater to maintain the 1 temp setpoint. It doesn't appear able to adjust the cooling AC to the cabin and is either just on or off so the cabin heater is used to keep the temp from going too low.

Last edited:

Fred
Fred, I think you’re on to something here and I discovered the similar workaround today. If you’ve noted my prior posts, I have been struggling with A/C issues and the service center has been less then helpful. I’m still waiting on a text back...They have developed a genius customer service workflow where they never have to actually talk to you, you don’t know if they reviewed the message or if they will ever respond. First world problems, I know. However, for the first time today the A/C worked as expected on each trip I made when leaving it in the mid 60s and not turning to LO.

Fred, I think you’re on to something here and I discovered the similar workaround today. If you’ve noted my prior posts, I have been struggling with A/C issues and the service center has been less then helpful. I’m still waiting on a text back...They have developed a genius customer service workflow where they never have to actually talk to you, you don’t know if they reviewed the message or if they will ever respond. First world problems, I know. However, for the first time today the A/C worked as expected on each trip I made when leaving it in the mid 60s and not turning to LO.

So cool, glad it works for you, I keep mine at 62 now and it runs all day.

Fred

I changed to "recirculate" yesterday, in >100F heat, and it helped get much colder air, without adjusting the temp. Makes sense if it is really hot outside, and cooler in the car, to not try to cool hot air, but cool cooler air...

Hello Folks,
I went to Tesla for the issues with the AC, Julie Delisle (Store Leader North America Sales) told me I do not know how to use the automatic mode on the Tesla...
Thanks Julie, automatic is automatic, there is nothing I can do... Dumb...
2020-07-16.jpg

Reactions: beachmiles
My MY AC has been perfect up until two weeks ago when, on a warm day, it just refused to issue cold air. It is now at the Tesla service center in Berkeley, awaiting PT Sensor, Low Pressure, Part #: 1510048-00-A. I was told that this part was determined at fault via remote diagnostics prior to my bringing the car in. I do have a loaner Model S but it has just been sitting in my carport ... I don't really care for it in comparison to the MY.