Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioning problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday as I was driving around town it felt like I was getting hit with small drops of water.

I heard a hissing sound that sounded like it was coming from the dash where the air comes out.

I shut the air off and the hissing went away.

I pushed the right button on the steering wheel and said " Air conditioning on " and heard a ding and a list of air conditioning shops came up on the screen.

The air conditions is a warranty item isn't it?

Had the car 1 1/2 years.

Anyone know what is wrong with it?

Never heard that hissing noise before. And it quit when I turned the air off.
The car understands me pretty well most of the time. It turned the air off just fine when I told it to. I think it thought I wanted to navigate to air conditioning shops though. Probably didn't understand me then. I'm wondering if something is wrong with my air. Such as the coil freezing.

Might be a combination of atmospheric conditions and my driving speed. I was running from 65 to 85 at various times. If the atmospheric moisture was just right it might cause the coil to freeze but it's more likely the pump wasn't working well enough or something.

Reckon I might have to have SC take a look at it. Surely will if it does it again.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with my air. Such as the coil freezing.

Ok, what was the outside temperature and humidity at that time?

You can lookup a nearby airport for that info. You can look at the last 24 hours. Also, what was your a/c temperature set to in the car?

My guess is you have lost some R134a refrigerant. If so, you will need to find the leak.

Ok, what was the outside temperature and humidity at that time?

You can lookup a nearby airport for that info. You can look at the last 24 hours. Also, what was your a/c temperature set to in the car?

My guess is you have lost some R134a refrigerant. If so, you will need to find the leak.
===========
I haven't had it on for awhile now. Cooler weather. I had it set to 73 but have no idea as to the humidity and such. But so far, now more noise like that when I had the heat on one moriing.
Hopefully it will be ok when it heats up again.