Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Conditioning Vent Flow Differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cab

Sep 5, 2013
Grapevine, TX
A buddy of mine has a 2016 Tesla (pre-facelift) 85D and is telling me the flow of air from the driver's vent is substantially higher than that of the passenger vent (i.e. like the airflow is being split 75/25 driver/passenger in terms of force).

I don't own a Tesla (yet) to compare, but he's wondering if that is "normal" for this car or if he needs to take it in to have the underdash door/flap system looked at (never fun since it opens the doors for rattles of course).

Comments?

Reactions: Snerruc
We've noticed "range mode" causes driver to get more heat than passenger side.

But I haven't noticed the air flow rate differences between sides.

In general, a car with "eleven" as a fan setting should blow REALLY hard on 11, but it doesn't.

Don't have a 85D but a refresh 75D. Mentioned this thread to hubby this past weekend and double checked ours and it seems to be blowing evenly. Hubby said he didn't even know it went to 11 and that had a pretty good fast flow. Our ventilated seats work well too btw. Could your friends 85D issue have something to do with the selection of air flow, like feet, chest height or being on recirc or not?