Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air filter - 2018 Model S 75D non-HEPA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone advise on where the air filter (non-HEPA) is located in a 2018 Model S 75D? I've scoured the forums and the Internet and find tons of stuff about 2016/2017 and more recent, but not 2018 (except HEPA). Is the air filter accessed through the frunk or the glove compartment? Where can I get a replacement (there are no compatible air filters offered on the Tesla website) -- what brand/model #? Is there just one air filter -- the cabin air filter -- or are there multiple filters? I'd like to replace it myself to save money, but cannot find info that seems reliable. The User Manual doesn't seem to have this info either. Thanks in advance.

I searched this more and found that there is a cabin filter also.

This link shows Hepa & Non-Hepa Filter Replacement 2016 - 2021. This link shows 2018 Cabin Filter replacement.

So now I understand the confusion. Could there be 2 filters?

Looking for Non Hepa filter for the tub area I have not found any hits.

Sorry my reply seems to be useless.

M

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 05.11.30 AM.png

Last edited:
Can anyone advise on where the air filter (non-HEPA) is located in a 2018 Model S 75D? I've scoured the forums and the Internet and find tons of stuff about 2016/2017 and more recent, but not 2018 (except HEPA). Is the air filter accessed through the frunk or the glove compartment? Where can I get a replacement (there are no compatible air filters offered on the Tesla website) -- what brand/model #? Is there just one air filter -- the cabin air filter -- or are there multiple filters? I'd like to replace it myself to save money, but cannot find info that seems reliable. The User Manual doesn't seem to have this info either. Thanks in advance.
There is only the cabin air filter if you don't have the Bioweapon HEPA air filter. The cabin air filter is behind the glove box. The design is the same from 2016 after the refresh and didn't change until 2021. I purchased it from Amazon. It took care of the musty odor I had when running the AC. I will have to note that the maintenance for it wasn't very well thought out as it's kind of a pain to get to compared with other cars i have worked on.

There is only the cabin air filter if you don't have the Bioweapon HEPA air filter. The cabin air filter is behind the glove box. The design is the same from 2016 after the refresh and didn't change until 2021. I purchased it from Amazon. It took care of the musty odor I had when running the AC. I will have to note that the maintenance for it wasn't very well thought out as it's kind of a pain to get to compared with other cars i have worked on.
Fyi, I successfully changed my air filter. I followed the instructions here:
. I think the guy in the video was working on a Model X, but the instructions worked for my 2018 Model S. The video says that there are four screws to remove the glove compartment, but there are actually six: three on top and three below. Also, the air filter in the video looks trapezoidal, but the one in my car is rectangular. The replacement at morepower's Amazon link was a match.

Reactions: BulldogsRus