Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air fresheners for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short... I play a lot of sports and my car is starting to smell like a locker room. I notice it particularly in the morning if I play a game at night or have a hard evening workout and then drive home.

Are their any good air fresheners out there that are rather inconspicuous? IE... I don't want something that's going to be a piece of scented cardboard hanging from the mirror.

Thanks

I use a spray of Adams Odor Neutralizer. Your sweat is getting into the seat fabric. The spray sits on the seat and draws out the odors. The leather and interior cleaner is great once a week or so, but in-between I use the spray. I can relate to the sweaty thing and I bring the dogs. I have no need for a canister or cardboard freshener. I keep a small spray bottle in the car for those unforseen odor instances! :rolleyes:

Reactions: RScottyL
Bah, kid's stuff... go for the industrial strength solution... distribute them in strategic locations within the cabin :p
bowl-cleaners1.jpg

These are complete sh*t btw. overpriced, won't stay in the air vent channel when turning corners, and lost smell very quickly. would have gotten a longer scent in my car from lighting my $20 bill on fire than buying these things.
Maybe that's why they called it "Morning Flow". Hehehe. That name brings back memories of using the Porta-John on the job sites. Does it smell like the urinal mints? Have I said too much... :p

I've gone through this and found the Tesla air filter does a very good job.
I gave up on this because it seems any sent you put in the car gets pulled right out because the air filter is really good.

Unless it blowing you right out the vent into your face it's being cleaned up fast. I don't think it's worth it.
Just my 2 cents

I don't like chemical smelling air fresheners. What I've started doing is taking a couple drops of a high quality essential oil and dabbing them under one of the formats. People do similar things with cotton balls or small pieces of porous wood. Lately I've been using peppermint and it's a nice mild, clean smell.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I've been using this for about a year, and while I wish I were more athletic to even have such a problem, various smells do enter my car, from food, construction equipment/materials, to chemical smells from various cleaners/protectants...and I've found this to work incredibly well for especially when the car sits around. Of course it'll work when the car is in-use too, but as others have said, the car filter does a good job when it's running. It's the overnight or during the day parking idle that's the issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019NXUJ5K

May be best to leave the windows down in the garage when home. (If you have a garage)

Yep, I do but I live in Cleveland so the days that I can leave the windows open even in the garage are going to wind down soon. Even with an insulated garage it gets very cold.

How about a towel on the seat, which you then take home with you to throw into the laundry?

I do exactly that. Keeps the sand that collects on me from getting onto the seats too.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
If you look at that Scent Wedge, it's just a piece of wood cut to fit into vent slot with some opening for air flow. I would "try" just cut up a piece of wood with some opening as well (such as jigsaw or whatever to allow air to flow through), drop some essential oil of your choice. When you need refill, drip some more oil. Sorta work like essential oil diffuser.

Reactions: calidreamz808