Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air mattress for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! I used the coleman twin sized air mattress while we were camping for the eclipse. I'll have to try the full sized one. Did you find it was pinched where it goes through the narrow part of the trunk opening?

I had the 120V coleman quick pump, so I used that with a DC to AC inverter plugged into the power outlet.

I was thinking a slightly thinner air mattress would be better. It doesn't need to be so high. Just enough to keep you raised up off the seats. Less height would be good, to maximize space inside the car.

Awesome! I used the coleman twin sized air mattress while we were camping for the eclipse. I'll have to try the full sized one. Did you find it was pinched where it goes through the narrow part of the trunk opening?

I had the 120V coleman quick pump, so I used that with a DC to AC inverter plugged into the power outlet.

I was thinking a slightly thinner air mattress would be better. It doesn't need to be so high. Just enough to keep you raised up off the seats. Less height would be good, to maximize space inside the car.

There are self inflating, thin mattresses for hiking/camping. They are thin but even with my 250 lbs I don't feel the ground if I lay on them.
https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Solutions-Self-Inflating-Sleeping-Outdoor/dp/B01MXOGHWR/
I don't have this one, but this one should fit.

I found a great solution for the uneven surface. this dog bed is a perfect fit!

Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed for Large Dogs up to 75/100lbs, (3.5-4 inches Thick) Pet Bed Mattress with Removable Washable Cover, 2-Layer Pet Mat with Waterproof Lining Dog beds, Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0828NLZ35/

Attachments

• 3D0FFAE0-BC24-416D-B281-027F9597C377.jpeg
    3D0FFAE0-BC24-416D-B281-027F9597C377.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gtech
True Tesla fans! :) Having the car keep the air temperature constant and being safe and quiet definitely beats a tent. One night is fine, then you need a shower, sooner or later :)
I found these for multiple days driving:

d21fc876e73538bfe44e5bd8a1b18eeb.jpg

These Body Wipes Will Save The Day When You Can't Get To A Shower

I am mostly bald (mostly) so I can even use them to clean my scalp. Before I would try to find beach sites with a shower but it wasn't fun. This lets me wake up and wipe the previous day and night off. Brush my teeth then and I am ready for a new day.

In college I would drive cross country to go to school and back home. 3 days behind the wheel each way, different route each time. By the time I got there the car was putrid, so was I. How times have changed.

Regular baby wipes also work. I used them last summer to "bathe" after a motorcycle accident where I could barely get upright, much less climb stairs to a bathroom with a shower. It's not the same as the real thing, but it does help quite a bit. They prevented me from offending visitors.