Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Not Blowing on Face

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally was able to purchase a Model 3 this past weekend.

Car is in absolute flawless condition. Not a single panel gap. Interior is also impeccable. Job well done by the Tesla team in Fremont.

One thing I’ve noticed on the drivers side vent control - I am unable to have the air blowing on my face.

I believe the air vents control directionality by adjusting a few streams of air. Is it possible mine is not working properly?

Is anyone able to adjust their vent to have a strong flow of air - through the steering wheel and onto your face? Do my settings need to be adjusted?

BTW, no issues on the passenger side.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: mrkbris and SMAlset
Works fine on mine, as I keep the air flow in my face. You are dragging the air flow icon down and the air flow is not responding?

It seems to be really directing downwards. I put the air on manual, speed at 10, only on upper face mode, and put both streams together facing up. It doesn’t really blow fast in my face despite all of this. Maybe it’s normal I’m not sure which is why I wanted your help.

It seems to be really directing downwards. I put the air on manual, speed at 10, only on upper face mode, and put both streams together facing up. It doesn’t really blow fast in my face despite all of this. Maybe it’s normal I’m not sure which is why I wanted your help.
Set like that, and pointed upwards some and to the center, mine blows so hard it bothers my eyeballs. :p With your right hand adjust the direction while holding your left in front of the vents (while in Park, please ;) ). Can you feel it changing direction, rather drastically?

Yes I’ve done all of that. Set at the highest speed and a single stream at my face. The stream doesn’t move. Just at my knees.
Yeah, that sounds flat busted. Like the bottom, directional jet isn't running. That's how it controls the direction, there is the main stream blowing out and at default a downward direction (that's my recollection, anyway) and then a smaller transverse stream that gets varied that controls the ultimate direction of the overall air stream.

Reactions: gecko10x
OP Saw service said you do have an issue. I was going to say my airflow thru the steering wheel and on my face/chest is very good. Best AC in a car that I’ve been in although I also don’t like it directed at my face as it dries my eyes too I’ve noticed. As for settings I tend to run mine around 4-6 most times. On occasion for a quick cool down (forgot to pre-cool) I’ll set it to 7. Don’t know I’ve ever run on 10. Does ones cheeks flutter at that air speed with it directed at your face? :p

I was also going to mention that there are a few “round button” controls for how the AC comes out and was wondering if you had read the manual on them.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying your car.

Thanks for everyone’s response. Went to the service center today. There is indeed a malfunction. Will keep you updated. I am new to the forums as I just got my car but I have been lurking for years. Thanks again for taking time out of your weekend to help me out.
I’m experiencing the same issue! Please let us know what the service center says.

Thanks for everyone’s response. Went to the service center today. There is indeed a malfunction. Will keep you updated. I am new to the forums as I just got my car but I have been lurking for years. Thanks again for taking time out of your weekend to help me out.

I have the same behavior. No matter how I try to direct the air flow, I can't get it to come directly out of the middle, on either side of the car. Up and down is fine, but the L/R controls don't change the air flow appreciably. The air primarily comes out as a split stream. It's been like this since I got the car. I didn't realize it could do better until I compared it to a friend's 3.

I opened a service ticket to see if they can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.