Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air pressure in tires very low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting this message after discount tire pulled a small nail and patched it. Drove it for over 2 hours and still seeing this message even after resetting the tpms sensors and soft reset. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 21150D24-8316-4F5C-AC73-8F0C6A96F6C7.jpeg
    21150D24-8316-4F5C-AC73-8F0C6A96F6C7.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 396
That seems like kind of a high (41) air pressure to throw an alert. Mine don't get excited until about 36.

So I suspect for whatever reason the sensor has not reset itself or it is defective. One time I had to wait overnight for the sensors to reset after a tire change but I only drove it for about an 1 1/2 hours before.

Recommend purchasing a decent quality tire pressure gauge and checking the true tire pressures. The small sticker in the rear sill of the driver's door will have OEM pressures on it. Add or release air as needed. If a leak is suspected get an old dish soap bottle with a small amount of soap and water, shake it up and use foam to look for leaks around valve stem, tread, etc.

the warning takes a while to go away on its own unless you do a 2 finger salute to the car then if the pressure is good it shouldn't pop up upon the reboot. So its a bit odd yours isn't going away. I say just leave it alone and it might go away after the car sleeps overnight at the right psi. that clears errors sometimes.

Whenever you get any tire work done always tell the guy you want the tire at 42 psi, I've never had a problem leaving a shop with low pressure. but even if you do leave with something low like 36 (most passenger tires are around this) you can just go to a gas station and get some free air to top it up to 42.

the warning takes a while to go away on its own unless you do a 2 finger salute to the car then if the pressure is good it shouldn't pop up upon the reboot. So its a bit odd yours isn't going away. I say just leave it alone and it might go away after the car sleeps overnight at the right psi. that clears errors sometimes.

Whenever you get any tire work done always tell the guy you want the tire at 42 psi, I've never had a problem leaving a shop with low pressure. but even if you do leave with something low like 36 (most passenger tires are around this) you can just go to a gas station and get some free air to top it up to 42.
I had two tires replaced today at America's tire - says tires pressure very low. I did the two finger salute and reset and the problem still persists. I have a honda odyssey (2007) w/ 213k miles on it and have never had issues w/ the tpms after any work done on the car in the last 15 years. I drove it some 17 miles already today after the reset and the warning still persists.... ended up getting continental sp 245-35-21 w/ 50k warranty for the front. The set of michellins started to separate at the seam and had about 27k on them. The rear michellins are good for another 8-10k miles or so according to america's tire. The total bill w/ everything on two tires was about $850 for the continental sp's rated w/ 50k warranty.

I had two tires replaced today at America's tire - says tires pressure very low. I did the two finger salute and reset and the problem still persists. I have a honda odyssey (2007) w/ 213k miles on it and have never had issues w/ the tpms after any work done on the car in the last 15 years. I drove it some 17 miles already today after the reset and the warning still persists.... ended up getting continental sp 245-35-21 w/ 50k warranty for the front. The set of michellins started to separate at the seam and had about 27k on them. The rear michellins are good for another 8-10k miles or so according to america's tire. The total bill w/ everything on two tires was about $850 for the continental sp's rated w/ 50k warranty.
Took a day to clear up the alert FYI. Checked pressure w/ gauge, 42psi.