Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Propulsion during Slight Regen Usage - Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a pretty stupid idea piggybacking off of Elon's Rocket Propulsion system for the roadster.

Problem: Speed decreases while regen brakes are active.
Solution: Compressed air propulsion system under regen braking.

What if we can use compressed air propulsion to counter the slow-down that happens under regen braking? This way we would be able to keep a constant speed on flat surfaces while letting the battery regen via regen braking. Setting safety aside for now, just thinking about the concept.

I guess the 'is it worth it?' question would be answered if we knew how much power the compressor uses while filling itself up and how long it lasts when being used, along with how much propulsion you need to counter the regen deceleration. so many questions. I know this adds weight to the car which also need to be calculated in. I suddenly think this makes no sense.
*Bonus: you can make it look like your tesla has exhaust pipes lol :)

mods do with me what you will.
no idea where this belongs.

I did warn you it was a stupid idea :) and that's all it is, I have no skill or expertise in this field.
I'm gunna regret hitting post, but if it makes you laugh it was worth it.

Last edited:
Isn’t the benefit of regen braking that the car slows down without having to use brake brakes?
The main purpose is to recharge the battery, slowing down is a symptom of gathering the energy from the car in motion.

Perpetual motion machine?
I'll keep that in mind.

Entropy always wins.
I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually.

press the fart button the car makes a noise and moves a bit
What smell are we using? Vinegar?

Thanks for humoring me all.

I did warn you it was a stupid idea :) and that's all it is, I have no skill or expertise in this field.
I'm gunna regret hitting post, but if it makes you laugh it was worth it.

A wise man once told me: There is no such thing as a stupid idea…. Only stupid people who come up with ideas… 🤣 ;)

Just kidding, of course. Sometimes, stupid ideas evolve into something brilliant/revolutionary. So, keep the stupid ideas coming!!! 👍

Reactions: Ren.OG
If you install a windmill generator on the hood, it could power the drive motor directly. The faster you drive the more power it makes. Should be able to get up to at least 200 MPH.
That is not as crazy as it sounds. See this;

Reactions: Ren.OG