Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Protection Decorative Cover Flow Vent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Installed this flow vent shield to prevent added crap from getting inside the air intake:

FE66B69F-B3F8-40B9-A2E2-342150DA042D.jpeg

FE3FC0D0-A1A3-4481-9208-C6DBB6DF52BE.jpeg
75711B50-9334-4FDE-B161-1C9488A9C719.jpeg
5F993042-CCF9-4C5E-959E-2744B48D7377.jpeg
774BEACD-E14B-4020-A2A9-BAC8674E2C54.jpeg

Oof. Not a fan of that. This is a solution looking for a problem if you ask me. You've now greatly restricted the airflow.

I'm not an engineering expert, but I'm sure others can chime in and tell you to remove it.
2 months now, no issues, the same was said about the Ohmmu lithium battery and still no issues with that either. Will report back in a year.

Fred

Last edited:
I just ordered one. I have heard of folks looking inside the side center console access for the 2 Model 3 cabin filters
and finding a whole lot of debris inside and on the condenser coils with plugged filters.

My air filters were filthy after 10 months of owning it.
This shield would have definitely helped keep it cleaner.
Looking to buy one too.
I inserted this cover into a Knee High Nylon Stockings to block any small debris.

Note: I wonder if someone inspected the cooling of the propulsion batteries?

The intake below the front bumper is very low to the ground. There must be a lot of debits going inside.
Is there an easy way to clean the front radiator used for the cooling the the propulsion battery?

There are better options now available across Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay Motors, etc... and a slew of DIY solutions as well (discussed on and off here).

Legacy/early-production vs recent production Model 3s need a different design/shape part. Model Ys need a different one still AND left vs right-hand drive flavors of each need different ones all together.

There are better options now available across Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay Motors, etc... and a slew of DIY solutions as well (discussed on and off here).

Legacy/early-production vs recent production Model 3s need a different design/shape part. Model Ys need a different one still AND left vs right-hand drive flavors of each need different ones all together.
Any specific ones to share? I have 2018.