Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension begins lowering car immediately after car turns on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is an April 2015 S85D. I have NEVER had the air relax after parking. I have parked for days with the air at Very High. I would consider it a defect to be fixed if the air dropped down after power off.

I usually leave the air controls screen up when I park...I do see shows the 'normal' setting when I first power up the car getting back in....and then it realizes the system is at Very High and changes to Very High on the display instantly.

Perhaps this is confusing people?

For some the problem is that while it stays at very high while parked, when you get in the car and it powers on it lowers the car without any manual input to lower. Instead it should stay up. that's the issue.

Parked over a concrete stop as always but when I left an hour later the nose dragged back over the concrete. This is a new issue for this 2012MS; have either of the 2 recent sw updates caused this air suspension to now relax after power off?
--

Thing.

it's happened before, on this forum... very rarely reported, so I'd say rare

My air suspension will have a "mind of its own" sometimes raise / lower after parking. Usually, has to do with charging, and ambient air temps. Like the at the supercharger the car raises itself. But that's normal.