Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension compressor disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a warning on the dash yesterday that my air suspension compressor is disabled. I made an appointment and first available is the 24th. Tried all the suggested software fixes including power off and doing a reboot etc. the driver side front and rear are slammed down and the passenger side looks set at about standard height. Can’t imagine this is safe, especially with the driver side being so low (see pics). I did drive it this morning to work and didn’t hear anything hit or rub though. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 8F5400E8-14E6-40F4-86BB-28E293F71AEE.jpeg
    8F5400E8-14E6-40F4-86BB-28E293F71AEE.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 1126E57A-9680-49F2-ABE7-B40C588898F0.jpeg
    1126E57A-9680-49F2-ABE7-B40C588898F0.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 249
Received a warning on the dash yesterday that my air suspension compressor is disabled. I made an appointment and first available is the 24th. Tried all the suggested software fixes including power off and doing a reboot etc. the driver side front and rear are slammed down and the passenger side looks set at about standard height. Can’t imagine this is safe, especially with the driver side being so low (see pics). I did drive it this morning to work and didn’t hear anything hit or rub though. Suggestions?
This just happened to ours too. It went away after warm garaging it. I can't figure out if it is hardware (freezing in Canada now) or software. We have so many software bugs right now: nav automatically kicks on, no battery preheat, weird increases in SOC while parked and not charging. Maybe this is another one...

This just happened to ours too. It went away after warm garaging it. I can't figure out if it is hardware (freezing in Canada now) or software. We have so many software bugs right now: nav automatically kicks on, no battery preheat, weird increases in SOC while parked and not charging. Maybe this is another one...
I was thinking the cold as well. I’m in Michigan and yesterday was the first super cold day. I posted this in a Facebook group too and 2 other people had it happen yesterday or today and both were in Michigan and New Jersey. Now you being in Canada and having this issue at this time, I’m thinking cold for sure. It’s super annoying. Mine is in the garage but not a heated garage. I’ll have to see if o can get it somewhere to warm it up. Otherwise I guess we will see this weekend when it gets into the 40s.

Hi was this ever resolved with service? I have this error today in my ‘17 S90D.

No, they keep bumping my service appointment. Although, now I know what causes it. When the temp gets to the low teens, something happens and the compressor blows the fuse like clockwork. Temp gets back up to 20-25 and it stops blowing fuses. My guess is something in the line is freezing and preventing the compressor from filling the suspension so it just runs until it blows the fuse. Super annoying. Luckily it’s been a mild winter.

No, they keep bumping my service appointment. Although, now I know what causes it. When the temp gets to the low teens, something happens and the compressor blows the fuse like clockwork. Temp gets back up to 20-25 and it stops blowing fuses. My guess is something in the line is freezing and preventing the compressor from filling the suspension so it just runs until it blows the fuse. Super annoying. Luckily it’s been a mild winter.

This just happened to my MX during a cold snap. Today is warmer. I'll see if it goes away. Curious what service did for people that didn't want this to be an intermittent issue?

Wow. It was 20 yesterday morning when we left, and the car was in the garage at 37 so probably not an issue. I would have hated for this to happen as we were leaving on a trip. If it is just a blown fuse is it easy to get to? Can you wait for it to warm outside and replace the fuse and all good? I'll be in warmer climates until January but even then should be garaged.

The issue did not resolve in today's above 50 degree temperatures. The front end is so low that any over 90 degree turn the tire rubs inside the wheel well. I'm having the car towed to the service center to be fixed under my extended warranty.

Last edited:
Just to add to this thread, my garaged MX P90dl also has the driver side front and rear is down as well...
note rebooting the car had no effect.
i'm also in Canada, and its been really cold, so will keep an eye on it as the temp goes up as the car is stored for the winter.

The fuse is a 40amp fuse at location f154 for Model X.
You can get replacements for $5 at autozone.
Currently having the same cold snap issues. Temp dropped to 8 degrees F and compressor fuse blew. Replaced fuse and blew a space heater at the compressor and its back online now.