Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension geo-location granularity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week ago we went to our favorite touch-less carwash with the S, and at the entry to the wash I set the suspension to it's highest setting to easily clear the speed-bumps inside the wash. Upon leaving the carwash and entering the main road, I reset it to 'standard'.

So a few days ago we went back, and it didn't automatically raise. I'm wondering if it was because the 'high' and 'standard' geo locations were too close to each other. Maybe?

This brings up a question: when you do set the suspension high for some permanent obstacle, do you ever reset it low again, or just let speed solve the problem?

It is my understanding that it only "saves" High or Very High settings. Meaning even if you go down (Standard or Low) manually, it doesn't delete the previously saved GPS data for the High or Very High. Perhaps someone else can confirm this, but that is how I think it works. So it SHOULD have gone back up to the height you specified, assuming it saved okay. Anyone else want to confirm this?

PS: I don't ever manually set it down... i just let speed drop it back... 10mph drops to High from Very High, and 35mph drops back to Standard....

What if you pass by the car wash, without entering the lot, will it raise the height still?

If you get close enough to a GPS location, it will ATTEMPT to raise the car. I have a bank with a very steep driveway. I set myself to VERY HIGH right at the base of the drive the other day. Now when I drive past it going over 35mph, it will beep a warning that it attempts but fails to raise the suspension because I am driving too fast. So yes, to answer your question, it will raise whenever close enough (exact distance from GPS save is not known but speculated on these forums)