Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m about to accept my first Tesla MS and want to understand how the air suspension works. I understand that I can manually select high or very high. During normal driving, If I select standard height, does the height gets lower once you reach highway speeds? Or, if I select the low height, is it always low or does it raise when traveling at slow speeds?

On the newer cars, if you select medium, the car will remain at medium until you reach a certain speed (perhaps 45-55mph). Or you can keep the car in low at all speeds. You're not able to keep it in medium at all speeds; you have to re-select medium when you reach highway speeds each time.

Reactions: mcirish
On the newer cars, if you select medium, the car will remain at medium until you reach a certain speed (perhaps 45-55mph). Or you can keep the car in low at all speeds. You're not able to keep it in medium at all speeds; you have to re-select medium when you reach highway speeds each time.
It seems to me that the car will go to the lower position at a certain speed, however once you manually set it back to medium it will not go back to low for the remainder of the drive. This assumes that you don't have the 'always default to low' button checked. Regardless of setting, the very high and high positions will automatically step down at speeds above 15/35 mph respectively.

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
Thank you. That helps to better understand the settings. Seems to be that I rather set it to medium and let it go to low once it reaches highway speeds.

Reactions: DrJ