Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Longevity and Frequency of Use

Frequent changing of ride height good or bad for longevity?

• Bad - settle down there johnny

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Good - jack away

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Doesn't matter either way

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Firestone indeed! The air position sensors on my older car say Continental on them. I haven't really looked at the pistons themselves, but will. Maybe they are Firestone too... and Continental is supplying only the electronics.
Great, thanks. It would be interesting to know when they changed to Firestone. I find the suspension quite firm on my car.

My P85D had an issue with the Air Suspension (Still Does). And my mother constantly complains about it. Now that she has had the car for a couple months. The car will try to lower it self but it will automatically go right back to the standard ride height. And then will alert "Air Suspension Needs Service" and then won't allow you to mess with the Air Suspension at all until the car get's shut off and then back on again. I have no idea what the problem is but it happens whenever you try to lower the car to it's lowest setting. You can make it go into Very High, High, And Standard. But whenever you try to lower it to lowest setting the car just won't allow it. Like on the highway it won't allow it but my mother drives slow anyways.....I was going to take it into Service for my mother so she could enjoy the Air Suspension when she needs to lower it. But she just say's "Don't worry about it" But still complains about it from time to time. But you just can't win with my mother..:D

Our late S P85 has the air suspension - triggered to lower at 60 MPH. And we will often raise the suspension when pulling up to a high curb, going over high speed bumps, or when there's standing water during heavy rains. With over 85K miles, we haven't had any problems.

So we included SAS with our new S 100D (over 2K miles already...).

UPDATE

SC found the issue and it was the air suspension solenoid. This device is located in the frunk on the right side. I have 31,000 miles on my 2015 MS.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    194.1 KB · Views: 124
that was going to be my next question---is it a harder ride on the new er models(Dec'-Jan'17) than the older ones? or just wear and tear?
Really hard to say. Must probably test back-to-back different cars. Adjusted tire pressure today which also has a lot to say, more comfort then. According to tpms I reduced pressure by 0,1 bar, but my measuring tool said 0,2 bar reduction.

• Informative
Reactions: cheshire cat