Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Needs Service - 4 Week Old Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S going on 5 weeks now, and I got a message this morning after the car was sitting for a day in the garage that "Air Suspension Needs Service". I couldn't get the suspension to raise or lower (makes sense given the error). I tried a hard reboot, but the issue persisted. I drove about 10 miles, then did a full shutdown via the touch screen (Power Off), and then 5 minutes later started the car again with the brake pedal. The issue is now gone, and my air suspension raises and lowers normally.

Doing some research, there are multiple people spanning years back, that get this error message.

Since the issue seems resolved and the air suspension is working again, should I cancel the service center appointment? I am thinking of still taking it in to let them at least run diagnostics and see what was wrong.

Look forward to hearing anyone else who may have had this on their Tesla.

I had this same issue. I tried looking for service records but couldn't find it. I would keep the appointment because it would suck if it happened again and especially if you are in the middle of something or have plans with the car. It was some kind of software thing but they fixed it up.

Yesterday when I got into my car it had the same message. Called the SC and he told me that it seems they've been receiving a number of calls all with the same problem. He told me to power down the car and lock the doors. After 10 minutes I went into the car and the message was gone. Before calling the SC I did the soft reboots and they didn't work, but turning the car off and locking the doors did. Seems to be software issue since we are all having the same issue after the latest OTA.

Thanks for the updates.

Error has not appeared again since I did a full shutdown from the touchscreen.

I should add that my car is on 2018.24.1.

I also called the SC and he checked it remotely, he saw 4 air suspension errors, but then none after I did a shutdown / reboot. Since many others in this thread are mentioning they've gotten this error, I'm going to assume it's a software issue (which is what the SC rep assumed also).

I had same error four times and had suspension sit all the way down on low until I charged the Car last time it happened. I did not do the reset.

I took into Tesla 2 weeks ago. I also had a noise on the right real during brake regen. The tech thought I had an air leak. The guy who worked on the car said it was a software bug.

It started with my car on the 2018.18 update. Also always sets my phone volume way down low.

I've had this problem intermittently on my 2015 S85D. Even took it in for service once and they found "no problems".
I found that putting it in "Jack Mode" would fix the problem.
No problems since software update last October. (Keeping fingers crossed).
This seems to be a software problem.

I should add a final note,

I still haven’t gotten this error alert since I did a full shutdown. Canceled the SC appointment, and the person on the phone said it was a glitch with this firmware.

So overall, no issues!

Same issue with my 1.5 month old S100D. Error message displayed when driving car into work in the morning. Talked to SC and they advised that I bring it in next day. By that evening, error message went away. Took it into the SC and they couldn't replicate the issue, though they saw in the logs that the message had appeared. Called it a software bug. Hasn't happened again since.