TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Air suspension not adjusting at location

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Ruffles, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Does anyone have any idea why my suspension won't adjust via GPS locations? I want my X to drop to Very Low when I get home in my garage to make more clearance for the FWD to open. For whatever reason, it simply doesn't work. I've tried multiple locations such as work etc. to drop to very low when I park. I've tried setting it parked and while in motion. I've rebooted the computer. I called Tesla last week and the tech said he'd never heard of that problem and would research it but hasn't gotten back to me.

Thanks for your help!
    Steve

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The manual seems to mention only 'High' and 'Very High'. Does it really do all levels? Try that and see if that works, to see if that's it.

upload_2017-7-27_11-14-36.png

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

@boaterva is correct, it only raises at a GPS location. It's currently not designed to auto-lower at a GPS location. I've sent a request to Tesla that auto-lowering also be allowed almost a year ago. I too would like to auto-lower in my garage, so that my doors will easily clear the motor.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Agree. I want it to auto-lower at home to be easier to wipe off the top of the car.

• Like x 1
  5. spc

spc Member

That is a must have really.
    Grandma at 86 have a hard time getting in the car without anywhere to grab to help get in and it helps a little to have it very low.

6. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

I have found this to be pretty flaky in general. There have been times when I have manually adjusted suspension to get over specific issues - large standing water, particularly rough road conditions, deep snow, etc. It has saved the change when I hadn't expected it to - but given that it has been saved - it only works some of the time - maybe 1 in 10 times. In all instances though - I was raising rather than lowering the suspension.

7. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Since the Auto-Raising is based on GPS co-ordinates, it's entirely possible that a flaky GPS signal could be the root cause of your observations. Tall buildings and trees could hamper good GPS signals.

• Like x 1