Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension not adjusting at location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any idea why my suspension won't adjust via GPS locations? I want my X to drop to Very Low when I get home in my garage to make more clearance for the FWD to open. For whatever reason, it simply doesn't work. I've tried multiple locations such as work etc. to drop to very low when I park. I've tried setting it parked and while in motion. I've rebooted the computer. I called Tesla last week and the tech said he'd never heard of that problem and would research it but hasn't gotten back to me.

Thanks for your help!
Steve

The manual seems to mention only 'High' and 'Very High'. Does it really do all levels? Try that and see if that works, to see if that's it.

upload_2017-7-27_11-14-36.png

@boaterva is correct, it only raises at a GPS location. It's currently not designed to auto-lower at a GPS location. I've sent a request to Tesla that auto-lowering also be allowed almost a year ago. I too would like to auto-lower in my garage, so that my doors will easily clear the motor.

Agree. I want it to auto-lower at home to be easier to wipe off the top of the car.

Reactions: boaterva
I have found this to be pretty flaky in general. There have been times when I have manually adjusted suspension to get over specific issues - large standing water, particularly rough road conditions, deep snow, etc. It has saved the change when I hadn't expected it to - but given that it has been saved - it only works some of the time - maybe 1 in 10 times. In all instances though - I was raising rather than lowering the suspension.

I have found this to be pretty flaky in general. There have been times when I have manually adjusted suspension to get over specific issues - large standing water, particularly rough road conditions, deep snow, etc. It has saved the change when I hadn't expected it to - but given that it has been saved - it only works some of the time - maybe 1 in 10 times. In all instances though - I was raising rather than lowering the suspension.
Since the Auto-Raising is based on GPS co-ordinates, it's entirely possible that a flaky GPS signal could be the root cause of your observations. Tall buildings and trees could hamper good GPS signals.

Reactions: FlyF4