Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAHA...you scared me. I went back to look just in case. It was $2,500. I'm afraid the X will be $5,000+.

FYI. Just got my S repaired for a broken door handle that wouldn't retract. it was $0 because of warranty but my rep said the parts alone would have cost me $750. OUCH. Imagine the Falcon doors!!
Is Tesla using Spacex rocket unobtanium parts that a door handle mechanism costs that much!?

I noticed the Design Studio updated the 90s from June to July. 75 is still July but I presume they are keeping it current. Prior to this, I thought they weren't updating it anymore.

All signs still pointing to July!

I'm hoping they accepted enough orders of the 90D...or better yet, are expecting to start the 75D late June, so they need to push all new orders to July.

Fingers crossed!

Anybody who has a 75D that recently upgraded to SAS have their Design Spec updated to reflect the change? I got the call on 5/6 and upgrade on 5/9 and mine has not need updated.
The general advice is not to follow what's on MyTesla as it's rarely updated. My DS said it'd take 3 days to update, then Inside Sales told me a week (which was a week ago now). I'm hoping it'll be updated after they batch us in a slot for production, which I'm guessing happens within the next 2 weeks.

I'm not to worried about the Design Spec being updated. I'd rather hear from my DS who'd have much more updated info than MyTesla.

Reactions: Diavel
The general advice is not to follow what's on MyTesla as it's rarely updated. My DS said it'd take 3 days to update, then Inside Sales told me a week (which was a week ago now). I'm hoping it'll be updated after they batch us in a slot for production, which I'm guessing happens within the next 2 weeks.

I'm not to worried about the Design Spec being updated. I'd rather hear from my DS who'd have much more updated info than MyTesla.
I had an email exchange with the inside sales rep who processed my changes. He has confirmed all changes over email twice and said i should be rest assured and not worry about myTesla updates (earlier ETA was mid week). Delivery date of July also assured again.

OK...might as well join this thread. Order confirmed two days ago and VIN assigned yesterday. Just under 8400, and hoping for the second half of July. Anticipation...
Not a personal attack on you but that really kind of annoys me. I have been a reservation holder for 3+ years, confirmed 3 months ago like many others here...and yet no Vin#.

My only hope is they just shoot out the Vins all at once for a late June early July delivery like I was told. Maybe they're just waiting to collect enough for the batch to begin baking.

Sorry @ksquared .... just venting a bit. Congratulations!

Reactions: Diavel and ssq
Also...this is the exact reason I did not reserve a Model 3. I learned my lesson about giving deposits to Tesla. All I need to do is order the top of the line and I'll jump ahead of most orders...especially with my "Golden Ticket" of owning an S and soon X.
You'll potentially lose out on the fed tax rebate though which was not a concern for those who are just now ordered an S or X.

Reactions: ssq
I think all of us reservation holders (75D or 90D) have been patiently waiting for ours and Tesla seems to give new orders higher priority. @captaintessie is just voicing our collective frustrations at Tesla and not at new owners wanting their Model X.

The good news is that I'm hearing lots of Model X arriving at SCs getting prep'd so maybe they're just slow to update the MyTesla site.

You'll potentially lose out on the fed tax rebate though which was not a concern for those who are just now ordered an S or X.
That's what I'm saying is annoying. I will most likely take away someone's chance of getting the federal tax credit solely because I purchase the more expensive options. I can order the day the design studio opens and jump the line even in front of a person that placed their order the day reservations opened.

I get priority for owning an S and X (I can purchase 2 M3's and jump the line)
I get priority because I would purchase a premium version of the M3 (jump the line even further)

Seems a little unfair but it is what it is. That is why I didn't put my deposit down for a Model 3

Reactions: wang5150
For the record, ksquared ordered a 90D, not 75D. There still haven't been any 75Ds that have been assigned a VIN (that I'm aware of).
Also believe that no 5 seater VIN have been released, even if P90DL or P90 or 90D. While there is one 5 seat VIN assigned in Chicago and one in Netherlands according to modelxtracker.com, neither of those listings have responded to Darryl confirming there stats, so with only 2 5 seaters, both dubious, us 5 seat orders are also in line before some walk-up reservation, or at least that's how it should be. As I see it, highest profit cars deliver first in USA, then second highest profit car in USA, then 3rd highest in USA, then same order for Canada, then same order for Europe, then China, followed by next lower profit. So USA gets P90DL (6-7 seats), then P90 with PUP (6-7 seats), then 90D +/- PUP (but with 6-7 seats), then CA, then EU, then Asia, and when all those deliver, then return to USA P90DL 5 seaters, P90 PUP 5 seats, then 90D 5 seats, then repeat in CA, EU and Asia, and if there is any time in Q4, 75's will get produced with 5, 6 or 7 seat configs. That's my production order impression. Your mileage may vary....

ALL: I have some interesting minor news about all the cars pending and especially those being delivered in Boston:

I test drove an X at my local tesla location and asked the guy there about 20 questions. He was very very knowledgeable. I asked the following:

Do you know when 75Ds are going to be produced? He said soon and said that 75Ds are the last to be produced because the IIHA (or whatever) considered the 75D to be a separate structural variation from the 90Ds due to the smaller battery and slightly different structure, and that all crash tests needed to be repeated with them. They just finished that on the 6/7 seaters. He said that they also considered all 5 seat models to also be different due to the same reason, mainly them moving up some part of the chassis, and that safety testing on those are finishing soon. Sounds like tesla might have a legitimate excuse for the delay.

I asked about the front license plate and if they automatically put it on for states that require it. They said that the front license plate holder is adhesive without screws and is made to be removable for those that don't want it/wanna remove it with no marks. By default they leave front license plates within the front trunk and don't put it on, for now.

Also, don't expect an active spoiler, sorry.

Also, once cars get to the SC, it's 72 hours until delivery but if it urgently is needed they can do it within 24. The reason for the 72 hour thing is because updates are commonly required and must be installed once the cars get to the SC, which can take a lot of time. It also takes a few hours to detail.

Also, aliant credit union is definitely the best way to finance the car.

Also, the suspension thing was a structural thing not them being annoying. They will fix it for those September ones.

Also, sunshades come with every car (may be obvious)

Also, there must have been 20-25 model X's at this service center, every spot was filled. She said they're delivering 6 a week which is a lot. Definitely a lot of X backlog that they're working on fixing. You could see some being worked on.

Also for my fellow bostonians (and possibly the rest of the east coast I postulate), they said that there are 2 forms of transport that they use, rail or half rail then truck. Just rail is 10 days from factory to SC, the other is 20 days. They are trying to push for the 10 day one always but it's impossible to choose or know which will be the case until they ship it.

I asked them more stuff but didn't write it down, I'll post as I remember.

ALL: I have some interesting minor news about all the cars pending and especially those being delivered in Boston:

I test drove an X at my local tesla location and asked the guy there about 20 questions. He was very very knowledgeable. I asked the following:

Do you know when 75Ds are going to be produced? He said soon and said that 75Ds are the last to be produced because the IIHA (or whatever) considered the 75D to be a separate structural variation from the 90Ds due to the smaller battery and slightly different structure, and that all crash tests needed to be repeated with them. They just finished that on the 6/7 seaters. He said that they also considered all 5 seat models to also be different due to the same reason, mainly them moving up some part of the chassis, and that safety testing on those are finishing soon. Sounds like tesla might have a legitimate excuse for the delay.

I asked about the front license plate and if they automatically put it on for states that require it. They said that the front license plate holder is adhesive without screws and is made to be removable for those that don't want it/wanna remove it with no marks. By default they leave front license plates within the front trunk and don't put it on, for now.

Also, don't expect an active spoiler, sorry.

Also, once cars get to the SC, it's 72 hours until delivery but if it urgently is needed they can do it within 24. The reason for the 72 hour thing is because updates are commonly required and must be installed once the cars get to the SC, which can take a lot of time. It also takes a few hours to detail.

Also, aliant credit union is definitely the best way to finance the car.

Also, the suspension thing was a structural thing not them being annoying. They will fix it for those September ones.

Also, sunshades come with every car (may be obvious)

Also, there must have been 20-25 model X's at this service center, every spot was filled. She said they're delivering 6 a week which is a lot. Definitely a lot of X backlog that they're working on fixing. You could see some being worked on.

Also for my fellow bostonians (and possibly the rest of the east coast I postulate), they said that there are 2 forms of transport that they use, rail or half rail then truck. Just rail is 10 days from factory to SC, the other is 20 days. They are trying to push for the 10 day one always but it's impossible to choose or know which will be the case until they ship it.

I asked them more stuff but didn't write it down, I'll post as I remember.
So, maybe since they have to re-test crash they could change the 75D, 5 seater to folding second row seats?