Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gladly would wait a year for my 5 seater if the 2nd row ends up folding!
It's not going to happen. A key contributor to the non-folding seats is the need for an integrated seat belt. The FWD preclude attaching the seat belt to the frame, like 99% of other cars do. (Yes, there is that one Mercedes that has done a folding seat with an integrated seat belt; no, I don't know how they engineered it, or if it would meet Tesla's standards for safety.)

Reactions: FarmerDave
It's not going to happen. A key contributor to the non-folding seats is the need for an integrated seat belt. The FWD preclude attaching the seat belt to the frame, like 99% of other cars do. (Yes, there is that one Mercedes that has done a folding seat with an integrated seat belt; no, I don't know how they engineered it, or if it would meet Tesla's standards for safety.)
Party Pooper ;)

Not a personal attack on you but that really kind of annoys me. I have been a reservation holder for 3+ years, confirmed 3 months ago like many others here...and yet no Vin#.

My only hope is they just shoot out the Vins all at once for a late June early July delivery like I was told. Maybe they're just waiting to collect enough for the batch to begin baking.

Sorry @ksquared .... just venting a bit. Congratulations!

No offense taken. FWIW, the July estimate could be complete fiction. I do understand your frustration. Although I too have been considering this car for years, it's true that I didn't put the order in until recently and can understand why those who ordered other configurations (e.g., 75D, 90D 5-seaters, etc.) are annoyed.

Clearly they are prioritizing the higher-end models for cash flow reasons, but this of course is no consolation (and perhaps even increases the irritation).

I hope production significantly ramps up, so that all of us get our cars before long.

Reactions: ssq
Not a personal attack on you but that really kind of annoys me. I have been a reservation holder for 3+ years, confirmed 3 months ago like many others here...and yet no Vin#.

My only hope is they just shoot out the Vins all at once for a late June early July delivery like I was told. Maybe they're just waiting to collect enough for the batch to begin baking.

Sorry @ksquared .... just venting a bit. Congratulations!

Also, I realized that I meant to post this in the July Deliveries thread, compounding the frustration (for those in this thread, who are disproportionately those with 75D orders). Sorry about that!

Let me also add that the more expensive models is partially for cash-flow reasons, and partially because they haven't finished the design for the cheaper models. For example, I'm sure one of the delays for the 5-seat model is the design for the trunk area. Same thing with the coils, they're probably just figuring out the details for all these other new variations.

Reactions: ksquared
I haven't driven a Model X (there just aren't many out there...), however I drove a S loaner with AS for the past few days (while my car has coil). I really don't like Tesla's AS... I wonder if the X and S have the same AS...

Basically I prefer sportier rides and the AS, on any setting, just felt more wobbly than the coils. On standard it's so clear and the car defaults to standard every time you drive... I felt it like less than a mile after leaving the SC and my wife felt it immediately as well when we went shopping this past weekend. We both really don't like it. Felt like riding in a Lexus or something... floaty and like a boat. To me it's not just a useless waste of money, it's a negative.

I am not getting a Model X, but if I were, I would probably only get one with coils.

Reactions: beths11
I haven't driven a Model X (there just aren't many out there...), however I drove a S loaner with AS for the past few days (while my car has coil). I really don't like Tesla's AS... I wonder if the X and S have the same AS...

Basically I prefer sportier rides and the AS, on any setting, just felt more wobbly than the coils. On standard it's so clear and the car defaults to standard every time you drive... I felt it like less than a mile after leaving the SC and my wife felt it immediately as well when we went shopping this past weekend. We both really don't like it. Felt like riding in a Lexus or something... floaty and like a boat. To me it's not just a useless waste of money, it's a negative.

I am not getting a Model X, but if I were, I would probably only get one with coils.
I was glad to see your post about the default to "standard". I was reading the owners manual today and it says High goes to less high at > 26mph, less high goes to standard at >46 mph (I am doing fuzzy remembering here, but I'm close). I really don't get it...It will fail outside of warranty and will be expensive to fix. I hope all that jumped at the chance to get their X earlier by upgrading to SAS are happy in the long run. Perhaps their are towing specification I don't understand/didn't read about.

Same here, which is notable because once rumors of the required change started surfacing I added SAS for the 2500. It just adjusted down to $1250. I checked about an hour and a half ago and it was unchanged so this change was very recent.

Could you please share more details about your order, when did you confirm?
I was 8XXX, confirmed the first day possible, early december i think. Standard order, 75d, sas, leather, ap.

I highly doubt june as i asked a few times, and came back with July. It wasnt a firm yes for sure july. reply i got was, currently it looks like july, so that to me means august...

Here is the email except: "July is our most accurate estimate at this point" ( doesnt make me feel solid on July)

Reactions: mlouie23